Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

IPods won't connect after 2.0 update

(1/6) > >>

Sting:
I had my first show tonight with 2.0 and could not connect our 2 iPods to the DL1608 network.  They connected fine before 2.0.  Our iPads and an iPhone connected and worked fine.  I verified that the iPods were updated.   Has anyone had thus happen yet? 

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: Sting on November 17, 2013, 07:56:02 AM ---I had my first show tonight with 2.0 and could not connect our 2 iPods to the DL1608 network.  They connected fine before 2.0.  Our iPads and an iPhone connected and worked fine.  I verified that the iPods were updated.   Has anyone had thus happen yet?

--- End quote ---

Do you mean iPads? I used mine with MF2 for the first time last night, two iPads and all worked well. I was playing the opening set (Duo) and then mixing the headliners The Oldham Tinkers, (Oldham is a small town to the NE of Manchester England for those of you over the pond). I did have a moment where I thought one had not connected (it was showing the snapshot for the Duo) but I was in the middle of mixing the headliners show on the other one so I just shut it down. I didn't risk trying to load the correct snapshot in case I pressed the wrong button and sent t'other to the DL. At the interval I rebooted it and all was fine. One of the guys in the Tinkers is a retired BBC sound engineer and he was highly impressed with the DL.

Sting:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on November 17, 2013, 11:53:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: Sting on November 17, 2013, 07:56:02 AM ---I had my first show tonight with 2.0 and could not connect our 2 iPods to the DL1608 network.  They connected fine before 2.0.  Our iPads and an iPhone connected and worked fine.  I verified that the iPods were updated.   Has anyone had thus happen yet?

--- End quote ---

Do you mean iPads? I used mine with MF2 for the first time last night, two iPads and all worked well. I was playing the opening set (Duo) and then mixing the headliners The Oldham Tinkers, (Oldham is a small town to the NE of Manchester England for those of you over the pond). I did have a moment where I thought one had not connected (it was showing the snapshot for the Duo) but I was in the middle of mixing the headliners show on the other one so I just shut it down. I didn't risk trying to load the correct snapshot in case I pressed the wrong button and sent t'other to the DL. At the interval I rebooted it and all was fine. One of the guys in the Tinkers is a retired BBC sound engineer and he was highly impressed with the DL.

--- End quote ---

No I mean 'iPod touches' 4th gen. Two guys use these on stage to run My Fader.  Worked great several times but won't connect after v2.0.

WK154:

No I mean 'iPod touches' 4th gen. Two guys use these on stage to run My Fader.  Worked great several times but won't connect after v2.0.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:52:24 AM by Sting »
Only 5th generation on will handle iOS7. My guess is that since MyF won't work with newer MF the iPod will have similar problems.

Sting:

--- Quote from: WK154 on November 17, 2013, 04:32:24 PM ---
« Last Edit: Today at 08:52:24 AM by Sting »
Only 5th generation on will handle iOS7. My guess is that since MyF won't work with newer MF the iPod will have similar problems.

--- End quote ---
You may be correct...you would think they would have been notified of incompatibility from the app store.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version