Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Pre DSP

(1/4) > >>

Robj:
Sorry if this is a stupid question.  On the Dl1608, is there a way to have reverb or delay on a channel in an aux mix without having compression, but have compression on a channel in the main mix?  I know compression on a monitor feed for a vocalist can be detrimental.  But most vocalists I've worked with all want some sort of reverb or delay, even on their monitor mix.

RoadRanger:
Interesting point, you can have the "dry" voice pre-DSP in an aux but the reverb itself is generated from the post DSP voice. OTOH it's always been done this way AFAIK unless there is a separate monitor mixer - even on analog mixers. I wouldn't worry about it.

WK154:
There seems to be some confusion on the use of channel eq's etc. I cannot see a value of two separate processes for an artists input unless you want to complicate your life. If the artist is happy with the single channel process and you can send that to the IEM or monitor for his/her feedback leave it be. I don't know of a successful artist that doesn't want to know what his customers (you know the ones that pay the tab) are hearing. The room acoustics are handled after the mix and compression and GEQ are available. Delay unfortunately is not available for speaker control.

sam.spoons:
As far as I can tell no, it's not possible as the DSP works as a block.

I would like the option to have channel eq, reverb and gate on the aux but no compression for example. The logical conclusion of this would be aux taps between each element of the DSP and the ability to choose the order of the DSP elements (i.e. eq first or last, compression before or after reverb or aux send etc). This should be possible entirely in software.

WK154:
Then you would love the features of the Acapela16 or the IS16 (mix and match orders of effects). Subgroups etc..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version