Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Mono in headphones?

(1/3) > >>

Peter Richter:
I just got a DL806.
Most of it works quite well.
The only issue I have is that the headphones are in mono - even on the stereo buss when all PFLs are off.
The headphones work fine on other devices

I suspect it might be in the firmware but I had never experienced the previous versions as I only just bought it and had to update both the iPad and the mixer to the latest.
I am in contact with service but was Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

WK154:
Congratulations you're the first owner of a DL806 on this forum AFAIK. Welcome! As to your problem since you only have half a DL1608 it is befitting that you only have mono in the headphone (just kidding). Add this to the list of fixes Mackie needs to attend to. If there is someone else with a DL806 please step forward. I trust that they are pushed in all the way and your converter is stereo.

Peter Richter:
thanks WK (you mind if I call you WK?)
Yeah - definately pushed in all the way.
I'm wondering if they both use the same firmware that maybe it would happen in 1608 too?

It would be good though if any 806 users could check it out

WK154:
No problem with WK. I suspect you'll be our resident DL806 go to person. No problem with the DL1608 on stereo headset. The troops would have been all over that, but I rechecked and all is well. Could be a defective connector on your DL.

Wynnd:
The other possibility is that all the channels are centered on the output.  If you're not panning something, it will sound like mono, but in reality will be stereo with an identical mix on each channel.  (At which point, it might as well be mono.)  Hopefully, that is your only problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version