Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL iPad Recording with Voice Record

<< < (3/3)

WK154:

--- Quote from: abzurd on February 11, 2014, 05:14:08 PM ---Is there a benefit to this app over the TASCAM PCM recorder? It's only 16/44.1, but records to a WAV file, which seems  better to me than going to an uber compressed format right away. Note: I've not actually used it yet, but downloaded it a few weeks ago.

--- End quote ---
Update if you are going to use it, they just released a fix for iOS7. Yes the obvious advantage of VR is size of files had it worked as advertised. There are also more choices of recording quality to cover more intended uses of recordings. There are also more ways to get the files out of the iPrison besides the iCloud on PCM.

RoadRanger:
Hmm... Just noticed that Voice Record Pro now goes up to 320Kbps quality whereas it used to top out at 160Kbps. iOS 8 improvement? I also noticed that they recently added PCM/WAV recording so yous guys that want that can be happy too :) .

WK154:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 10, 2014, 06:19:51 AM ---Hmm... Just noticed that Voice Record Pro now goes up to 320Kbps quality whereas it used to top out at 160Kbps. iOS 8 improvement? I also noticed that they recently added PCM/WAV recording so yous guys that want that can be happy too :) .

--- End quote ---
Time to check the actual values instead of advertised. A lesson from past history. Not a iOS 8 fix just a improvement on Voice Record Pro.

RoadRanger:
BTW you can normalize the M4A/MP4 audio files without re-encoding using MP3GAIN upgraded with AACGAIN.
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/
http://www.rarewares.org/files/aac/aacgain_1_9.zip

robmcl:
I found Voice Record Pro to be a great alternative to the 1608 internal record function.
Not only does it allow instant replay of recordings (great for rehearsals) but has built in upload to Dropbox etc.
Also the latest master fader 3 now has routable record option.  I set my aux6 to be the record source and set a record mix using that aux.  works well for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version