Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Two problems this past weekend

<< < (4/8) > >>

WK154:
Actually brand has a lot to do with it. Notice the Duracell Copper-top outlasts the more expensive Quantum. The Costco and IKEA do quite well compared to the name brands. The difference in chemistry should be no surprise. The discharge curve has a significant bearing on life, some equipment can run at 0.9V others will die at 1.1V that could mean a couple of hrs.

Wynnd:
I hadn't really thought about the charging aspect of NiMH.  I don't have much trouble with making sure the batteries get charged and I carry enough to run two shows without charging anything and still have an extra pair.  These are all good points.  (I hate the 9 volt NiMH.  Maybe some day, but not today.)

sam.spoons:
Procell batteries are so cheap that I prefer peace of mind over saving a few pence. Even with 4 or 5 wireless mics the cost of batteries is less than a fiver per show, if that's a deal breaker you are in the wrong business.

Wynnd:
I don't mind saving money, but I hate throwing things away when there is another choice.  Right now the band is rehearsing more than it's gigging out and the rehearsals are long enough that if the rechargeables were a problem, it would show up there long before showing up at a gig.  I fire them up before rehearsal and leave them on all the time.  No problem.  (Or at least a LOT FEWER problems than most guitarists have with broken strings.  By the way, I've never broken a bass string and I'm getting the impression that's a bit rare for someone who has been playing bass since 1972.)

sam.spoons:
Agreed Wynnd, I wouldn't have a problem using rechargeables on my own band rehearsals were it not for the fact that I won't use wireless with my bands (it's an un-necessary complication which adds nothing to our show) but if I'm working for someone else, especially with large numbers of wireless mics (15 on Sweeney Todd) charging them would be a nightmare and the cost is passed on to the client anyway.

I'm a guitar player who almost never breaks strings BTW :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version