Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Two problems this past weekend

<< < (2/8) > >>

Wynnd:
I don't carry Alkaline AA batteries anymore.  I do keep my charged NiMH in my wireless mic case, so if I forget the batteries, I will have forgotten the wireless mics anyway.

WK154:
That's fine if you have a rigorous routine for charging batteries in place. Some of us might forget to charge them. There is one other problem with NiMH and that is their discharge curve, it's flat until near the end so low battery circuits have trouble giving you enough warning. The newer gear is better on this, most of the older equipment was set up for Alkaline.

sam.spoons:
I always use Duracell 'Procell' batteries in wireless mics (and box fresh for every show), the cost of 50 pence per mic per show is well worth the peace of mind.

WK154:
 :thu: Same here Sam for any show. If I know it's going over 6 hrs. I'll go for Lithium's. I've had NiMH's go out on me in 4 hrs. and scrambling to replace them is no fun.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on June 27, 2014, 07:59:04 AM ---I always use Duracell 'Procell' batteries in wireless mics (and box fresh for every show), the cost of 50 pence per mic per show is well worth the peace of mind.

--- End quote ---
Two Lidl "Aerocell" alkaline AA's do over six hours (or three gigs) in our Sennheiser G3 mics (if you're ever stuck) - around £2.70 for eight batteries Sam.
BTW, where do you get Procells from, I saw them used at an open air gig I was working at last weekend?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version