Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X32 Rack Alternative?

<< < (3/8) > >>

robbocurry:
C'mon Mackie, bring out a mini DL that fits nicely around an ipad mini :)

sam.spoons:
Or, better still, a mini DL without the dock, either as a 1U rack box or a half size desk top unit, both with a built in WiFi router and 16/8 I/O.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on March 14, 2014, 10:44:13 PM ---Or, better still, a mini DL without the dock, either as a 1U rack box or a half size desk top unit, both with a built in WiFi router and 16/8 I/O.

--- End quote ---
:thu: :thu: :thu: :thu:

WK154:
The way I see the DL series is like a trial balloon with little planning on Mackie's part. This is their fourth attempt at digital mixers and there seems to be little effort to expand or support the series. If there were any kind of planning a real rack unit would already be in production. A 24 or 32 channel unit would have been announced or in production.  I wouldn't get my hopes up since all they could muster up is a crippled DL1608 called a DL806. After almost 2 yrs it's called a missed opportunity.

sam.spoons:
It'd be less frustrating too if the DL wasn't very good but it is and it would take very little to take it way ahead of the opposition  ::)

My new DL Range :-

DL806 mk2, very small box, no dock just a USB port. Would need to be sub £500/$500.
DL1608 mk2, 1U rack mount, USB port
DL2412, 2U rack mount, USB port

And, the masterstroke.....

DL Control 9, a 9 fader control surface which connects to an iPad and controls Master Fader.

All would have recallable/remote gains, a choice of reverb, delay or other fx for each fx engine (and Lexicon or TC reverbs). DL-C9 would have a high capacity LiIon battery built in and an iPad dock so it would be a totally wire free control surface for the DL range of mixers. (actually I'd settle for HUI to be built into MF and buy a Berry BCF2000).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version