Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS 8

<< < (13/34) > >>

Wynnd:
Just did some testing.  No problems with the docked ipad.  my ipad-mini was running some music airplay and when I opened Master Fader it immediately reverted the sound output to the ipad-mini and wouldn't allow airplay to hook up.  It's not a make or break thing, but if others are seeing it too, it is something to be aware of.  I don't know if the issue is two possible music sources or two sound controllers running at the same time.  (Didn't go into it very deeply.)   I was enjoying running airplay and used it with some frequency at rehearsals.  (Cover band.)  Didn't check My Fader.  (Hopefully the problem isn't there.)

Harpman:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on September 18, 2014, 09:48:12 PM ---Just did some testing.  No problems with the docked ipad.  my ipad-mini was running some music airplay and when I opened Master Fader it immediately reverted the sound output to the ipad-mini and wouldn't allow airplay to hook up.  It's not a make or break thing, but if others are seeing it too, it is something to be aware of.  I don't know if the issue is two possible music sources or two sound controllers running at the same time.  (Didn't go into it very deeply.)   I was enjoying running airplay and used it with some frequency at rehearsals.  (Cover band.)  Didn't check My Fader.  (Hopefully the problem isn't there.)

--- End quote ---

I upgraded both my iPads (Gen 3 and Gen 5 (Air)). Didn't have any issues.  iPad 3 is docked and iPad Air remote.  I use a program called LouderLogic for house music using Air Play off my Airport Express.  No issues with the sound output at all.  Airplay works just great and seems to get along with MF.

Looks like a lot of the software vendors were ready with their updates after you upgraded to IOS 8.  Seems like a couple more today to support IOS 8.

WK154:
Just contacted Andrew Smith of Studio Six and he's not found any issues with iOS8 but one of his customers reported some "crazy readings". He replied almost instantly, how's that for customer support.  :thu: Sounds like my week delay is looking better by the minute.

Keyboard Magic:
Just have to say Harpman,

I downloaded the LouderLogic app on my iPod Touch 5. That's a really nice app indeed. Much better than the standard iMusic app. More features and flexibility even if it is freeware. Doesn't look like there's much difference between the 3 versions.  Free, $1.99 and $3.99. Obviously more stuff is added as you go up in price. Even the $3.99 one would be a steal. Excellent !!  :thu:

Harpman:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on September 19, 2014, 01:57:57 AM ---Just have to say Harpman,

I downloaded the LouderLogic app on my iPod Touch 5. That's a really nice app indeed. Much better than the standard iMusic app. More features and flexibility even if it is freeware. Doesn't look like there's much difference between the 3 versions.  Free, $1.99 and $3.99. Obviously more stuff is added as you go up in price. Even the $3.99 one would be a steal. Excellent !!  :thu:

--- End quote ---

KM,

I can't take credit for this one. Jerry Lee (former member) turned me onto this app over a year ago. Supports AirPlay too. I think I have the $3.99 version, but you are right, it is a steal!  Not sure what all the versions have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version