Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS 8

<< < (14/34) > >>

WK154:
Here's a link to some of Computerworld's take on iOS 8.  http://www.computerworld.com/article/2686096/ios-8-problems-itbwcw.html
Hope they're not exaggerating.

Wynnd:
Had a bit more time with ios 8 and the DL last night.  Figured out what is happening with my ipad mini and airplay.  For some reason, when I fire up Master Fader on the mini, the airplay output shifts to looking for Apple TV and shuts off airplay to airport express.  My thought is to force a reinstall of Master Fader.  I also haven't tested it on the undocked ipad.  (I normally leave that one docked.)  Don't think there was any problem with My Fader on my iphone.  (But right now I don't have any music on it.  Needed to clear out space for the install.   Time to put music back on it.)

Keyboard Magic:
WK;
If so, let’s hope Apple gets those patches out quick, especially with the large number of complaints hitting social media already. They would be very irresponsible not to and possibly even lose some iFans over this. I have to say that Apple Service was very interested to get all the details of my glitched update to iOS 8 on my iPhone 4S. Hopefully this means they are already cataloging all issues so that they can create one or more patches to correct the problems.

Wynnd:
Outside of Bad Piggies no longer running, and I'm expecting that to be fixed soon, I'm not noticing any slowdown with my iphone 4S.  I am noticing the speech translation being much faster.  (And better.) If apps are loading slower, I'm not noticing it.  All in all, I call it a pretty good upgrade.  (None are perfect and if you really want to wait until the bugs are mostly gone, wait until 8.1 at least.)  I'm not seeing anything critical happening with Master Fader.  I'm also not experiencing the problems that some others are with the DL.   So I can't attest to whether this upgrade fixes any of those issues. 

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on September 20, 2014, 12:57:20 PM ---Had a bit more time with ios 8 and the DL last night.  Figured out what is happening with my ipad mini and airplay.  For some reason, when I fire up Master Fader on the mini, the airplay output shifts to looking for Apple TV and shuts off airplay to airport express.  My thought is to force a reinstall of Master Fader.  I also haven't tested it on the undocked ipad.  (I normally leave that one docked.)  Don't think there was any problem with My Fader on my iphone.  (But right now I don't have any music on it.  Needed to clear out space for the install.   Time to put music back on it.)

--- End quote ---
In my exploration of Bluetooth features in the iPad I ran across something similar. When I have music playing on Apples music player and I load MF the music stops playing on my UE Boom (Bluetooth speaker) and switches to the internal  iPad speakers. There must be initialization code when loading an app that grabs the current output device and provides it for the app. I found that pausing music player and then continuing will in fact restore the previous output. Yep, makes little sense but works for Bluetooth and may work for airplay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version