Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL1608 vs. DL16S

<< < (2/6) > >>

WK154:
The key word is "may" (your choice). Demographics helps understand viewpoints nothing more. Do you have something to hide? As to "FUD" and IBM incarnation I would consider it more "experience"on my part. Yes the younger crowd will find it more challenging to affect your performance (also experience). I think the word would be "RESPECT" or lack thereof.

PS. I have no Mackie insight other than what they advertise or I can determine from the product that I own. So NO I have no security or other info until they publish it.

ToH2002:

--- Quote from: WK154 on September 18, 2018, 08:02:46 PM ---Do you have something to hide? [...]

As to "FUD" and IBM incarnation I would consider it more "experience"on my part. Yes the younger crowd will find it more challenging to affect your performance (also experience). I think the word would be "RESPECT" or lack thereof.

--- End quote ---

Gaaah - always that same argument towards people who value a certain bit of data privacy: "do you have something to hide"? I'm not going to dignify this with an answer...

Now to the younger crowd "who will find it more challenging to affect your performance". Just to understand your statement: are you advocating to not use wifi-controlled mixers when there are young crowds around? Or are you advocating to use more hardened dedicated Wifi solutions that will not be as easily affected than the built-in cards of some of the current mixing solutions?

Still want to understand why you consider Mackie's  built-in Wifi solution only applicable to rehearsals - you remain vague about this...

robbocurry:
Different regions use different WiFi setups, perhaps that has some bearing here as to your location request?
I’ve a notion that EU countries have regulations enforcing lower output WiFi signals.
Your own external router may be better than the one installed in the unit - if only for the ability to place it in a more favourable position to enhance coverage. Third party router easily changed to new standards or your preferences. Built in one probably ok if you’re not mixing from big distances. Haven’t used it so can’t be sure.
The demographic of the audience?
Younger crowd perhaps = more smartphones which perhaps = more WiFi interference or login attempts?
Easily dealt with using basic WiFi security and setup.
Been running on WiFi since the dl first came out. Been using it plus A&H and B*****ger all via WiFi. Literally 100s of gigs and never had a WiFi hack. I wouldn’t worry about it.

WK154:
It's been a while welcome back. It' been my experience as well on security, not even an attempt. Traffic however is another story. WiFi unlike Bluetooth was never really meant for high traffic rates.

Wynnd:
This page left blank intentionally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version