Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Just Joined the Club!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Fluddman:
Thanks RR

robbocurry:
You bought a great little mixer. I have no regrets at all, and like already mentioned, I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for the iX16!

ijpengelly:
Its a fantastic little mixer and I think there are a few people that have overly optimistic expectations from a device at this price point (and therefore can be quite negative) and which has essentially changed the game for a whole range of musicians and engineers. The fact of the matter is that it is perfectly useable, stability is very very good and any additions from this point on are a welcome bonus. You'll have a great time with it.

With regards to the compression and feedback, I run a reasonable amount of compression on my vocals and don't have much of an issue with feedback, obviously there are limits. Careful choice of mics and monitor positions will help to stop this becoming too much of an issue.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: ijpengelly on July 19, 2013, 07:02:34 AM ---Its a fantastic little mixer and I think there are a few people that have overly optimistic expectations from a device at this price point (and therefore can be quite negative) and which has essentially changed the game for a whole range of musicians and engineers. The fact of the matter is that it is perfectly useable, stability is very very good and any additions from this point on are a welcome bonus. You'll have a great time with it.

With regards to the compression and feedback, I run a reasonable amount of compression on my vocals and don't have much of an issue with feedback, obviously there are limits. Careful choice of mics and monitor positions will help to stop this becoming too much of an issue.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

--- End quote ---
Couldn't have put it better myself!

Fluddman:
Thanks for the encouragement guys!

I am sure it will do the job and I look forward to using it for the first time tomorrow.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version