Author Topic: Double patching  (Read 2444 times)

Jesee22

• Initiate
Double patching
« on: January 04, 2016, 06:44:31 PM »
Hi guys just have my shinny New dl32r over a week now ...loving it..but there's one thing I'm trying to do and it's puzzling me..
So I've called it double patching maybe that's not the right term for it so I'll explain what I'm hoping to achieve...

Right here goes...so I've the kick drum into channel 1...No problem but I want to duplicate the channel so I can eq it for in ear monitors without it affecting the FOH....So I went into outputs and linked channel 1 with the next available channel which was 19 ...but instead of linking 1 to 19 it just replaced it ...19 was working but channel one was dead...is it possible to achieve this type of hook up with the master fader amp

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: Double patching
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:43:26 PM »
Hi Jesee,
welcome to the forum! 

You should use the "Input A" tab in the routing screen since you are remapping an input.
I made a few screenshots for you of my iPad where I have "Mic Pre 1" not only patched to the default (Ch.1) but also patched to Ch. 14.

this is before the patch change...

and this is after the patch change.

I also recommend that you take a look at the "Output" tab on the routing screen and notice that outputs 11 and 12 are patched to Matrix 1 and Matrix 2 resepectively by default :o
I believe Mackie may change the default in a future update so that XLR outputs 11 and 12 are fed from Aux 11 and Aux 12 by default. That makes way more sense to me and would eliminate people
getting confused as to why their 11th and 12th Aux sends don't work as expected. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:02:08 PM by dpdan »

Jesee22

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 10:53:59 PM »
Hey dpdan thanks for your reply....during the gig I did this cos it seemed like a no brainer at the time but there was no sound coming to FOH from the original channel it was as if say for example with yours the kick drum changed from 1 to 14 instead of signal coming to both...I triple checked it and still nothing so I bottled out and told the drummer he'd have to do with FOH sound in his monitors...but unfortunately during sound check we didn't have time to play about with it...so now I know I'm not going mad I'll spend a bit more time with it the next night...

Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 10:58:03 PM »
glad to help  :)

Enjoy your DL32R, I think it's a huge bang for the buck,... not perfect but what is?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:03:23 PM by dpdan »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 02:14:51 AM »
See you got sorted Chris:)
Good man Dan, helpful as always!
Lots of experience and help to be gained from this forum, Happy New Year:)
The older I get, the better I was!

wkndwarrior

• Youngling
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 04:56:39 AM »
Hey dpdan thanks for your reply....during the gig I did this cos it seemed like a no brainer at the time but there was no sound coming to FOH from the original channel it was as if say for example with yours the kick drum changed from 1 to 14 instead of signal coming to both...I triple checked it and still nothing so I bottled out and told the drummer he'd have to do with FOH sound in his monitors...but unfortunately during sound check we didn't have time to play about with it...so now I know I'm not going mad I'll spend a bit more time with it the next night...

Thanks again

If you are sure BOTH 'dots' on the routing grid were activated for your kick mic on Ch 1 and Ch 19, the only other possibility for no kick drum sound on Ch 1 would be that it was not assigned properly to L/R output, either directly or if accidently left out of a (drum?) subgroup or VCA and thus was not being sent to the mains. On my DL32R, I routinely split all vocal mics the same way for independent FOH and monitors and have no problems doing that. I'd double-check the Ch 1 routing to make sure it's getting to the main outputs somehow.

Well, I edited to include an unlikely, but other possibility, and that would be if the Comp/Gate settings on Ch 1 were set wrong, that could result in no sound getting out from Ch 1, but the independent Ch 19 WOULD pass sound, since the Comp/Gate for that is separate. Other than that, I would be thinking it's a glitch and maybe try a mixer re-set.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 05:04:07 AM by wkndwarrior »