Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The DL price war starts

<< < (3/3)

WK154:
That would be $798 or £475 in the US.
http://www.sonicsense.com/mackie-dl1608-30517.html?catargetid=120147420000000156&cadevice=c&gclid=CIqixK68hsACFfA-MgodNTwAiQ
Somebody is making a lot of profit $450 or £283. You can't tell me it's all shipping and tax or no profit. That's a dollar below my high estimate of $799.

I see the Mackie Map police has been busy. Back to $999

robbocurry:
That is cheap WK!
Warts and all, it does a hell of a lot for the money.
Not sure what price the yet to appear X18 is going to be, but lower pricing is going to keep the DL in the game.
As you know, lots of buyers won't care about extra features, they'll just go with the price.
New software probably coming for the DL at some stage which should inject even more life into it.
I don't know if a DL v2 would have the same success, Mackie got in there and made a first of kind.
QSC and B'ringer have taken up the baton and are about to run. There may not be quite as big a market share left for them as you might imagine. The DL has had a great headstart!

WK154:
Quite awhile back I guessed at a strategy Mackie could take with staying in the game once the X18 and Acapela and the like get into the marketplace. The main weapon based on the fixed hardware was to lower the price for the DL806 to $499 and the DL1608 to $699. So the first round of price cuts is here not quite at my target but with enough to make a second reduction possible before throwing in the towel. Software updates can keep them competitive for a while since there is a lot of spare power and lots of room for code (~4MB used out of 32MB). I believe there is plenty of compute power still available to do lots more.

RoadRanger:
The Acapela is a non-starter IMO as Phonic has zero interest in English speaker's user feedback and the Phonic digital mixers have serious deficiencies IMO. Phonic did have a sort of forum but - worse than shutting it down - abandoned it!
http://getsatisfaction.com/phonic

abzurd:
It's not just the DL getting price cuts. I bought my A&H QU-16 for $1,600 a few months ago. MAP price dropped from $2500 to $2000, but street is 15-20% lower than that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version