Other Digital Mixers > Behringer X-Air

X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video

<< < (73/86) > >>

Kev tyler:
I am doing four gigs a week with the x air12, it is solid as a rock, since I upgraded to a decent external router two months ago I have no disconnect issues at all, I returned to a gig last night that was problematic due to a plethora of tv rebroadcasting ( pirate tv in essence) antennas and similar for high power paid  wi fi providers, the x air was solid,

I can't see any reason why anyone who owns one of these devices would not go out and gig with it after a few days of learning it's secrets at home. Fair play I am a duo or solo and only need basic routing, but it's no deal breaker requiring a laptop to set up services that are not present on iOS.

Cheers

Kev

nottooloud:
My XR18 is taking gigs away from my Yamaha LS9-16. Compact, no snake, multitrack everything. Physical controls: MIDI Fighter Twister for faders and Novation LaunchControl for effect sends.

I still use all 3 platforms. I have little expectation that they're going to converge the features between Android, iOS, and laptop. Their rate of updates seems to have dropped off completely. It's workable as it is.

Documentation will never happen, that I'm sure of.

I always carry my QSC TouchMix as backup, because I don't trust Behringer's components at all.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on August 25, 2015, 09:42:12 AM ---I am doing four gigs a week with the x air12, it is solid as a rock, since I upgraded to a decent external router two months ago I have no disconnect issues at all, I returned to a gig last night that was problematic due to a plethora of tv rebroadcasting ( pirate tv in essence) antennas and similar for high power paid  wi fi providers, the x air was solid,

I can't see any reason why anyone who owns one of these devices would not go out and gig with it after a few days of learning it's secrets at home. Fair play I am a duo or solo and only need basic routing, but it's no deal breaker requiring a laptop to set up services that are not present on iOS.

Cheers

Kev

--- End quote ---
I'm glad the new router is working out for you even in that place where the AE took a dump. IIRC the iPad app wasn't that nice to you recently since all play isn't implemented yet. When I said not quite ready I didn't imply any major issues and of course if you have all 3 platforms available most things can be accomplished. Whether their operation ever converges is not as important as having all control over the XR series in each platform. That's not there yet. When I visited their Canoga Park facility I was given a tour and was impressed. It is however, based on their work product and from what I observed, a marketing/sales and damage control operation IMHO. No repair service AFAIK or have seen. Relabeling things seems to be a new fad at the Music Group.

WK154:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on August 25, 2015, 12:11:36 PM ---My XR18 is taking gigs away from my Yamaha LS9-16. Compact, no snake, multitrack everything. Physical controls: MIDI Fighter Twister for faders and Novation LaunchControl for effect sends.

I still use all 3 platforms. I have little expectation that they're going to converge the features between Android, iOS, and laptop. Their rate of updates seems to have dropped off completely. It's workable as it is.

Documentation will never happen, that I'm sure of.

I always carry my QSC TouchMix as backup, because I don't trust Behringer's components at all.

--- End quote ---
No question that the XR is both compact and convenient for most small gigs. As I said to Kev it's not important that the 3 apps converge on workflow but that all control over the XR are available on each app. The differences are even an advantage since it does give you a choice not only on hardware but also workflow preferences. Incomplete documentation however is a real problem (not the format it's in). What MFG do you know that sells a product of this complexity and then tells you to go figure out how it works and what it's limitations are? ::)

WK154:
Well over the next few weeks Music Group plans to release new firmware and updated apps as well, including a new platform for DIY on the Raspberry Pi. The long overdue X-air docs for OSC finally were posted as well. The manual however is soon in the future. ;D, Wiki of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version