Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Did I read master fader was going to have transport controls for playback?

<< < (2/13) > >>

Bufalo:
There has been discussion of music-playback transport controls being added as an MF3.1 or 4.0 feature, so you're not imagining things!

WK154:
If what your hoping for is the DL32R version of a stone-age music playback version forget it. You're just having nightmares. The programmer that implemented this wouldn't be caught dead personally using it. No playlist other than file-name order, REALLY. If this is what Mackie considers state of the art then it's time to change vendors. ;D I would expect this kind of work from a programmer trainee, but not from a professional.

dpdan:
WK,
I am not trying to make as big stink,,,,
but why in the world are you here spreading mostly negativity?

Virtually everything that you post here is slamming Mackie and their customers who DO like using and owning a Mackie digital mixer... I am one.
You don't even own one, and from your sarcasm, it is obvious that you would never own one either, even though it has literally changed our lives for the better.

I'm not telling you that we forum posters don't want you here, but please... at least try to make at least something positive in every post you make in the future.
I for one would actually read your posts instead of skipping over them because that's what I do.

You obviously know quite bit about lots of things, and that knowledge is power, but please don't waste our time repeating over and over about how inept the Mackie design people are.

I'm done now,, sorry
Dan

Kev tyler:
Hi wk154, guys,

I would have thought a compnay with a big budget would cherry pick a top programmer for this task, I use set list maker, it's a brilliant playback app, or one track, both are airturn equipped.

I would expect some sort of remote control for playback on a 2000 dollar desk, and a 400 dollar desk for that matter.

Cheers

Kev

WK154:
dpdan First you need to get your facts straight, I do own a DL1608 the same one I disassembled  about 1 1/2 yrs ago    http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=346.0    . Don't confuse me with Kev T.  I was one of the first adopters (Sept. 2012). I spend 50+ years producing quality products and I guess I also expect the same in return as a consumer. What is scary is that a lot of people have such low expectations of manufacturers these days and let things slide. The facts may strike you as harsh and sometimes the truth hurts. You call it negativity  :) , whatever! I would love to post something you might consider positive as soon as Mackie has something that isn't a band-aid solution. Looking back at some of your posts, is the pot calling the kettle black? They had the right approach on the DL1608/Dl806 in the manual  by recommending a third party app for playback but unfortunately it also requires recording as well to be a really usable function. Hence the use of Voice Record and others. That leaves the MF channel recording pretty useless. If you feel that changing the song file name as an acceptable way to get a playlist what can I say. ::) In your case with the DL32R converting all the 44.1k songs to 48K for playback is just another example of low functionality. You can't be happy with that. Once again leaving third party apps to save the day. As to this forum's posts I would suggest you speak for yourself and not tell others what to do. You have a great opportunity to tell it like it is with the DL32R, but will you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version