Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

channel crosstalk

<< < (3/5) > >>

Ampli:
Sound more that the gain knobs are not turn to minimal (of the channels that aren't in use)
This is also discussed somewhere here in the past

ijpengelly:
I've seen this happen before, haven't noticed it as much recently with being able to hide unused channels, as the original posted suggested no actual crosstalk is occurring, just that MF was showing a reading. It wasn't even necessarily on adjacent channels. I think it was / is a quirk in the software. I'll have to see if mine still does it.

WK154:
Been there before but you can't find anything in this mess. So here it is again with the iPad docked and V2.1.1 of MF the readings should be ~-40 on the meter scale when the trim is at 60 dB gain (max) and the input in this case is a 1 Khz signal adjusted to 0 on their input channel meter scale. There is no adjacent channel issue they all respond the same. There is about a 5-7 dB reduction for 100 ohms or 0 ohms compared to being open. To get no visible meter signal  you need to cut gain on adjacent unused channels back to 45-50 dB on the trim pots. If not used reduce gain (trim pot) to 0. If you using 3.01 MF then leave the digital trim at unity. You won't see the digital trim change on the input meter anyways. No quirk in the software AFAIK.

paulfrench:
 ijpengelly: I'm Glad to hear someone else has seen this. Yeah, my feeling is the same:some software quirk. As long as nothing audible is happening, I'm not gonna worry about it.

WK154: reducing the gain pots lessened the issue, but I had to go below unity to totally eliminate it.

Thanks for the input guys.

WK154:

--- Quote from: paulfrench on January 05, 2015, 12:04:54 AM --- ijpengelly: I'm Glad to hear someone else has seen this. Yeah, my feeling is the same:some software quirk. As long as nothing audible is happening, I'm not gonna worry about it.

WK154: reducing the gain pots lessened the issue, but I had to go below unity to totally eliminate it.

Thanks for the input guys.

--- End quote ---
I don't think you understood so I clarified the previous post. Please re-read. "Go below unity" on what?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version