Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Not able to streamline anymore airport express

(1/3) > >>

Ampli:
Hi does anybody also have this problem
I updated to ios 7 after this i cant connect the airplay funtion when using masterfader, if masterfader is off everythings works, has someone a solution?

Jerrylee:
I don't have this problem at all. Everything works just fine. However, there was an issue with airplay dropping after ios 7. It would stop playing mid song and I had to reconnect, and then it would stop again. This kept happening. And it had nothing to do with master fader because I wasn't using the dl1608 when this was going on. I also closed every running app to see if it would fix the issue and it did not. I had to plug the audio cable directly into my iPad to fix this. It was also happening with my iPhone as well. So I did some research and found out that my express router needed to be updated. This 100% solved the issue. You may not realize the express need to be updated. I keep mine as a dedicated airplay router. That's all I was using it for. I have two. One I use for airplay (the older express), and one I use for the dl and still airplay. The one I use with the dl is often also used as a router at home so it does have an internet connection. The other does not. They are actually in two different countries. Because the one at home has the internet connection I did the update on it because I was prompted to by the iPad. The other one was never updated because it never sees an internet connection. I had to bring it to an active connection to update it. A lot of us have the express router dedicated just to the board and don't think about updating it with an internet connection. It's not updated through the iPad or iphone. It needs the connection.

Long story short, update your express.

Ampli:
Ill try that tnks

Ampli:
Unfortunly updating didnt fix it
Airplay is working. if i use it on my iphone or ipad, when i aktivate mf, the ipad looses connection
The iphone still can connect, so it look like a bug in mf that airplay is deaktivated, it comes back when i close mf
I dont loose airplay as long i dont aktivate mf.

Jerrylee:
It's not a bug in the mf app. So far no one else has said they have this problem. I don't. Mine works just fine. It's a bug in your iPad. I have a gig tonight and will double check my airplay and make sure it is working just fine as I remember. I have only used it a few times since all the updates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version