Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Ipad Synchronization Problem

(1/2) > >>

Dan:
Hello everybody, I've been using the DL1608 since May last year and at some point along the way it developed this synchronization problem.  First, when I turn everything on, often the ipad fails to synchronize current state with the mixer.  I end up having to reboot the ipad to get it synchronize.  Second, even when it's all synchronized and running fine, the ipad will go offline for just a second or two and then the box comes up that says "synchronizing current state" and it's back online again.  But then, sometimes, in the middle of a performance for example, the ipad just goes offline and stays offline and I have to reboot it.
Has anyone else had this problem?  Anybody have any ideas what might be going on?  I replaced the DL1608 for this and for another problem (channel 7 didn't get phantom power, wtf?) and yet the problem continues, so it must be the ipad.  I've made sure again and again that the ipad is properly docked.  Should I be looking more at the hardware end of things (eg, that the connection is good) or software end?  The ipad was a gift and I have no money for Apple tech support.

RoadRanger:
If you dig on Mackie's facebook page you'll find that they have synchronization problems and are working on it :) .

Dan:
Ok, thanks.  Silly me, right after posting my question I saw a few other posts with the same problem.  I'm also using the ipad 2.  hmmm...

Dan:
Actually, would you mind providing a link to that?  I'm looking around on the FB page and not seeing it.  I saw something about the Ipad Compatibility Matrix and compatibility with the Retina Ipad Mini.  Were you referring to this?

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Dan on January 13, 2014, 07:13:00 PM ---Actually, would you mind providing a link to that?  I'm looking around on the FB page and not seeing it.  I saw something about the Ipad Compatibility Matrix and compatibility with the Retina Ipad Mini.  Were you referring to this?

--- End quote ---
You have to expand the "Recent Posts by Others" section on the right and read down, expanding all the replies as you go. It's pretty buried and I can't find it myself at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version