Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL1608 Architecture Notes

<< < (2/3) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 13, 2014, 08:39:01 AM ---I'm surprised your 50 MHz ARM runs down at 8 Mhz without problems, a static design?
--- End quote ---
Maybe I was unclear that I'm running code at 32KHz when it is "off" so 8MHz is no prob. It's a Nuvoton M0 .

WK154:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on January 13, 2014, 09:02:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on January 13, 2014, 08:39:01 AM ---I'm surprised your 50 MHz ARM runs down at 8 Mhz without problems, a static design?
--- End quote ---
Maybe I was unclear that I'm running code at 32KHz when it is "off" so 8MHz is no prob. It's a Nuvoton M0 .

--- End quote ---
Got it I looked at the NUC501. Boy what we could have done with that in my days. Cute little thing with lots of power saving stuff. Like the ASS and IRS registers. >:D

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 13, 2014, 11:09:36 PM ---Got it I looked at the NUC501. Boy what we could have done with that in my days. Cute little thing with lots of power saving stuff. Like the ASS and IRS registers. >:D
--- End quote ---
Beats the hell out of an 8748 that didn't even have a subtraction instruction if I remember correctly x( . The NUC doesn't have hardware divide but one can multiply and shift to simulate that close enough with all them bits available ;D .

Three programmer's one-upmanship:

"I had to program in Assembler back in my days"
"Assembler? I had to use Zeros and Ones back in my days"
"Ones? You had Ones? We didn't have Ones back in my days"

;D

WK154:
You got it easy 32 bits. I used to have to complement and add 8 bits at a time on a POS not the DL a Point Of Sales register. Boot code yeah we toggled that in on a front panel. Back in College I ran a AIDS station that's Assistance In Debugging Station as a ACM VP. Boy you got to watch those acronyms. :)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 14, 2014, 12:30:39 AM ---You got it easy 32 bits. I used to have to complement and add 8 bits at a time on a POS not the DL a Point Of Sales register.
--- End quote ---
That's what I was just saying about the 8748 (8048 w/eprom) that I used in a few products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version