Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

mix changes all by itself.

(1/3) > >>

prentii:
Been using the 1608 with a netgear wireless router.  At least a couple of times recently part way during the session the mix has suddenly increased in volume and the eq seems to change too.  First time with an iPad 2 using the wireless network and no iPad docked in the mixer.  Second time iPad 2 docked in the mixer and using iPhone 5 to mix via wireless network.  It is likely that the mix was not actively being changed from the remote iPad or iPhone for five-ten minutes before the increase in volume occurred.

It seems like the mixer is defaulting to some setting - but we can't figure what or why.

Help!!

Wynnd:
Never experienced that.  First question is do you have a solid password on your WiFi router?  No password, no protection from intruders.  I'm using a passphrase, easy to remember and hard to crack.  (lots more characters.)  I've also named my WiFi NoInternetHere to discourage people looking for a connection from even bothering.  I'm also finding a more consistant connection using the 5 Ghz band.  (Using late version of Airport Express that does both bands at the same time.)   I can't think of any other obvious things that might occur.  (Unless it's possible to open more than 1 copy of master fader at a time.  Just in case, learn how to close a program on the ipad.  Mostly the programs are only taken off the screen while lying elsewhere.)   I've also taken to limiting my bandmates access to the mixer.  (Letting them set their own monitor/IEMs.)  I've never had to lock them, but then nobody has abused that feature.  Hope this helps.

Harpman:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on January 23, 2014, 04:37:00 PM ---Never experienced that.  First question is do you have a solid password on your WiFi router?  No password, no protection from intruders.  I'm using a passphrase, easy to remember and hard to crack.  (lots more characters.)  I've also named my WiFi NoInternetHere to discourage people looking for a connection from even bothering.  I'm also finding a more consistant connection using the 5 Ghz band.  (Using late version of Airport Express that does both bands at the same time.)   I can't think of any other obvious things that might occur.  (Unless it's possible to open more than 1 copy of master fader at a time.  Just in case, learn how to close a program on the ipad.  Mostly the programs are only taken off the screen while lying elsewhere.)   I've also taken to limiting my bandmates access to the mixer.  (Letting them set their own monitor/IEMs.)  I've never had to lock them, but then nobody has abused that feature.  Hope this helps.

--- End quote ---

Wynn, Ditto that.  Nice post.  I totally agree

Gio

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

prentii:
Thanks - I am fairly convinced that no one else is 'mucking about' with the signal and yes the router has a password that I don't think is being breached.  It may be linked to the router signal dropping out, but I don't understand why the mixer doesn't just stay where it was before the signal loss.

hmmm??

Tnelson494:
My Ipad 2 (I use for remote back up some time's) will occasionally act like some one is touching the screen in random spots I've seen it  hit on links in web pages and start going to town and if it's on the search screen it will start randomly typing #'s (it will flip roll screens too)  I looked into it a bit on the web and it has happened to enough people that a couple threads have been started on the subject (it all seems to end with take it to Apple) I have had it move fader's when I was just messing around in Off Line mode ( I do use it as my non connected Ipad as it does not do it very often and I only use it to adjust the main mix at start and some monitor adjustments then turn it off when not using it ). I remember once I left it on and we started getting some feedback halfway through the show not sure if I nudged my backing vocal fader when I set it down or if it did it itself but it does have that ability. Not sure if you use your IPAD for anything else other then the DL but might be worth checking into, only problem is it is kind of a random thing  mine just out of the blue will do it and only way it stops is a reset (sometimes I have to do a couple for that) and sometimes it will go quit some time with out it happening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version