Bassaholics Anonymous > Off Topic

Gotta brag a little

<< < (2/2)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: audiopile on April 19, 2010, 02:21:22 AM ---my birthday dozer hadn't been started in maybe 20 years... and the pony motor wouldn't start... because the fuel lines were plugged full-a black gunk... but hey... tools, carb cleaner, pressurized air... a couple taps on the top of the carb with the carb drain plug out... fuel flow all around... reassemble... and we were burning diesel... and moving dirt... lots of dirt.

--- End quote ---
Damn shame when someone lets something like that sit for so many years. I attached a pic of my road tractor that's been sittin' in one of my driveways for 2 years. I just topped off the batteries so I can drive it out back - doesn't look like it will ever see the road again :(. Damned brakes shoes rust to the drums when it's been sitting for more than a couple weeks - I'll have to defeat (cage) the emergency brake springs so the brake shoes aren't touching the drums all the time and try to get them free without taking the tires off (a real PITA). Can't remember what it weighs, maybe 15K? I know the motor is 2K by itself - 11.1L 350hp Detroit Diesel Series 60.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version