Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (22/44) > >>

nottooloud:
That's exactly my startup sequence. Router, DL, docked iPad, remotes.  I watched the docked iPad resync for no apparent reason a half dozen times in 3 hours. It always came back, and never dropped audio, but still. This DL's now for sale while it's still fresh. I love using it, and as far as I'm concerned the feature set is finally all there, but if I can't trust it, it's less than useless to me. I'll wait for the next generation from competitors. My eye's on the QSC, because my experience with them as a company has been bulletproof. In the meantime, I've started doing small shows with a couple of Focusrite interfaces and a laptop running Reaper.

mmurphy:
Well I have not had a single problem since the upgrade to 2.1.1
This weekend I forgot to plug the router in during setup and one guy in the band said hey where's my monitor mix?
I plugged it in and his iphone could see the router but we had to power cycle the DL. No problems after that.
Minor matter.
I've been recording our shows now and am very happy with the results (level wise anyways, the musicians are a whole other story :).

Mike

Keyboard Magic:
Used DL for the first time today at a small venue. Powered it off and on numerous times in between sessions just to give it a break and there was no sync loss whatsoever. It ran flawlessly all day. I was using the remote iPad the whole time with the other ipad docked. I know it's the first real use, but fingers crossed, it will continue to perform like this gig after gig  ;)

Wynnd:
It's obvious that many of you have two ipads to begin with.  I probably ought to get another one as a back up.  Using my iphone as an emergency back up, but really haven't had any problems that would prevent me from getting the job done.

PeterKorg:
Hi KM I have used my DL about 50 gigs now and it has never failed me, just turn up, assess the room, call up a previous show similar in size, and work from there,

I always keep one iPad docked, and one in my hand the magnetic cover actually sticks to my keyboard, Korg M50 the rest of the guys have IPads and sort out their own monitor mix, speed and simplify is the essence, of these things, I use all 16 channels and all 6 aux's

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version