Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (20/44) > >>

mmurphy:
Yes, I did meant MasterFader 2.1.1
I have tried to make it fail all week as I have a gig on Saturday and hate nothing more than friggin around with gear at a live show.
I will let you know if it works.
It appears that my start up sequence is not the recommended one but it has not failed yet.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Cheers.

JMc:
Been having the same sync while docked issues...  MasterFader and iPad OS both the latest versions.  I'll try the recommended startup sequence, but come on...  It shouldn't be this difficult.  You should just be able to turn the damn things on, in whatever order suits you, and they should all work together without some special "sequence".  Very frustrating...

Wynnd:
Ran into my first occurrence of losing sync while docked.  I was able to connect to the wifi while docked, but it had the message that it wasn't charging.  (I was at 100% anyway.)  A full shut down of all apps and a reboot of the ipad and a power cycle of the mixer brought me back.  Bit of a pain?  Yea, but nothing that would have shut me down. (Could easily finish the show or set before dealing with the issue.)   It would be worse to lose power.  (That happens about once every couple of years.)

JMc:
Oh, almost forgot...  Another VERY strange issue aside from the sync loss.  After the show, the metering was all working, everything was synced and I had music playing from the iPad while we were breaking down...  My band mate touches the "mute" for his channel so he can safely unplug and the iPad music is muted...  Just... gone.  I see the meter still bouncing, so I know there's signal.  I double check and triple check to make sure the iPad channel isn't muted...  Several more second go by and a loud rash of white noise blasts through the speakers.  What is THIS all about, now?

Wynnd:
That would be the white noise issue that some are experiencing.  Probably had nothing to do with your bandmate muting his channel.  I haven't had to happen to me, but I also don't use the ipad as a music source at gigs.  I do use it when we need to listen to a song we're working on at rehearsals.  No one has been able to figure out what is causing it to happen.  It seems unpredictable.  People are hoping for a fix, but intermittent problems are the hardest to figure out.  (And this is as intermittent as you can get.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version