Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Problems with 3.0

<< < (3/3)

Keyboard Magic:
I always have a spare mixer with me on the desk, ready to connect if anything should happen. Touch wood. (no you can’t touch my head) I’ve been extremely lucky with this DL and MF 2.1.1. Not one glitch, like I mentioned. Sure it can go down just like anything and embarrassing moment “OOPS” can happen at anytime. But right now I trust MF 2.1.1, not implicitly though, hence the backup.

I’m learning 3 and it looks great. The test is to actually run it connected to the DL, but once the firmware is upgraded, there’s no going back. As everyone here knows ad nauseum, I had a personal DL bricked by upgrading to MF v2.1, not 2.1.1. I use a local schools DL. I really want to upgrade, but “once bitten, twice shy” as they say. I’ll probably be the last hold out to update. Definitely at least v3.1 Not good to turn someone else’s DL into a very expensive door stop. But even if it was mine, I would still think twice right now.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: WK154 on November 27, 2014, 07:32:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on November 27, 2014, 06:36:04 PM ---So with all these “non-issue” issues with the first release of MF 3 randomly popping up all over, has anyone given any credence to WK’s statement a while back that this version of MF right now, is a public BETA ? It seems like it sure fits the bill with all these little annoyances.

Did a charity event last night, running MF v2.1.1. It was a treat to use it. No issues of any kind. Ran undocked, wireless and AirPlay for break music, etc. The interface is still the best and I have been using MF3 on one iPad and it’s not getting anywhere near the DL yet. Most certainly going to let the dust settle first and wait for an update to v3.

I'm always the first one who just can't wait for that next cooler version of any software, but not this time. MF3 looks soooo cool too  :(

--- End quote ---
It's not my statement it's Mackie's and BenO's that it's a public beta. What more do you want? I just hope that the Beta still has the debug switch and other development switches enabled. Once it is final and hopefully optimized performance should improve otherwise they released a Turkey. :) I'm going to now eat my Turkey.

--- End quote ---

Sorry,  :-[  just trying to give you credit for posting M & B's statement and trying to add a bit of reality here. As for turkey... white meat only and lots of stuffing. Oh and lots of mashed potatoes and gravy too, please?  ;)

WK154:
Had a double helping, one for you and one for me. Do Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving? Some things sneak across the border. Used to go fishing in the thousand islands region north of you in the 50's. A guide dropped you off on one of the islands and hopefully returned with supplies a week later. Plenty of Walleye and Pike to eat though.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: WK154 on November 27, 2014, 11:59:25 PM ---Had a double helping, one for you and one for me. Do Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving? Some things sneak across the border. Used to go fishing in the thousand islands region north of you in the 50's. A guide dropped you off on one of the islands and hopefully returned with supplies a week later. Plenty of Walleye and Pike to eat though.

--- End quote ---

We sure do eh?   ;) It's held on the second Monday in October. I'm looking forward to turkey dinner for Christmas Day. Not too far away now though. Gotta go on a diet before. 1000 Islands is cool, did a boat tour once when I was so very young. No fishing. I don't think the boat tour company would've approved. :facepalm:

I hope that double helping wasn't too big? Hope you were wearing your buffet/track pants. They are wonderful, aren't they?  ;D

jlb:
Another issue I'm seeing is that VCA's sometimes appear in view groups when assigning. Sometimes they don't. Did a show the other day and certain channels would randomly drop from LR output assignment. Practically ruined my show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version