Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Problems with 3.0

<< < (2/3) > >>

jlb:
So what happens when the wireless doesn't  work with the new DL32? There is no way to hardwire the iPad or a PC to the mixer as far as I can tell. I work some venues where wireless is always an issue.

Rdmitch:
Sounds like the same problem I had when I firm loaded the firmware to the mixer. It prompted a call to customer service and about an hour of walking thru many options. What worked was the following:

Turn everything off including router, I pad and mixer.  Make sure you actually close the program on the ipad (double click the home button, and swipe
up on the Mackie program)
Turn on the router and let it FULLY load up
Use a pen tip to hold in the reset button on the 1608 (rear panel between the cat 5 and power cable) turn on the power.
Make sure your ipad is set to and reading the right router
Slide the ipad into place, and open the Mackie app. You will most likely need to reload the firmware
Open the settings menu on the ipad program (little gear wheel on the top where it says online)
Make sure you click onto wireless setting

This is the process that worked for me.

The tech guys at Loud Technology were super walking me thru the process. We went thru each item before we actually got it to connect wirelessly
Since the reload, I have had no problem.  It seemed the initial firmware install created some sort of hang up which the reload cured.

Keyboard Magic:
So with all these “non-issue” issues with the first release of MF 3 randomly popping up all over, has anyone given any credence to WK’s statement a while back that this version of MF right now, is a public BETA ? It seems like it sure fits the bill with all these little annoyances.

Did a charity event last night, running MF v2.1.1. It was a treat to use it. No issues of any kind. Ran undocked, wireless and AirPlay for break music, etc. The interface is still the best and I have been using MF3 on one iPad and it’s not getting anywhere near the DL yet. Most certainly going to let the dust settle first and wait for an update to v3.

I'm always the first one who just can't wait for that next cooler version of any software, but not this time. MF3 looks soooo cool too  :(

Rdmitch:
These are no more than slight annoyances and it takes a little time working thru the program to get a feel for what needs  tweaking and how you have to maneuver.
I have a show this week to do and have no hesitation taking the 1606 v.3 with me.
I have confidence that it will be fine.

However, I always  have a spare back up mixer   ( 16 channel powered yamaha ) in the van
so I will have it just in case.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on November 27, 2014, 06:36:04 PM ---So with all these “non-issue” issues with the first release of MF 3 randomly popping up all over, has anyone given any credence to WK’s statement a while back that this version of MF right now, is a public BETA ? It seems like it sure fits the bill with all these little annoyances.

Did a charity event last night, running MF v2.1.1. It was a treat to use it. No issues of any kind. Ran undocked, wireless and AirPlay for break music, etc. The interface is still the best and I have been using MF3 on one iPad and it’s not getting anywhere near the DL yet. Most certainly going to let the dust settle first and wait for an update to v3.

I'm always the first one who just can't wait for that next cooler version of any software, but not this time. MF3 looks soooo cool too  :(

--- End quote ---
It's not my statement it's Mackie's and BenO's that it's a public beta. What more do you want? I just hope that the Beta still has the debug switch and other development switches enabled. Once it is final and hopefully optimized performance should improve otherwise they released a Turkey. :) I'm going to now eat my Turkey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version