Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32R vs X32Rack

<< < (15/19) > >>

robbocurry:
A linkable hard surface with proper faders would be great for the DL1608 never mind the DL32R.

Kev tyler:
It's a dead cert that any future tactile remotes for these wireless gizmos will be attached to an iPad,

I did mention my own concept a few weeks ago, IMHO  there will be no need for motorized faders,as you will have a visual representation of level etc, on the pad, a row of spring loaded increment decrement paddles will suffice I think.

Kev

ArikS:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on November 09, 2014, 09:55:54 AM ---It's a dead cert that any future tactile remotes for these wireless gizmos will be attached to an iPad,

I did mention my own concept a few weeks ago, IMHO  there will be no need for motorized faders,as you will have a visual representation of level etc, on the pad, a row of spring loaded increment decrement paddles will suffice I think.

Kev

--- End quote ---

I doubt any touch-screen or rubber pads will replace real faders: try to ride them smoothly or ride a few at once -- never! Energy consumption by motorized faders is hardly a problem, just a matter of selecting proper battery solution (there are zillions of battery-powered devices that contain electric motors, from power tools to electric cars, all work fine on batteries).

If size/weight become an issue (shouldn't, it's not one-size-fits-all situation), then just make a live/remote Wi-Fi version or Mackie MCU or Digi 003: 8-9 motorized faders and switchable banks/layers

iPad may work as a display unit (levels, names, etc.) or for some functions that don't require a tactile control (i.e. left-right swipe across channels like on DL1608 or "drawing" of graphic EQ curve)

Wynnd:
We have bluetooth keyboards for our ipads.  Why not a bluetooth fader rack?  Sell them in 16 channel sets and be assignable.  I can see this working.  The market would be as big as the number of ipad dependent digital mixers and that number will only be going up.  (Quickly at this point.)  I would want sliders with physical tracks, but they wouldn't have to be actual potentiometers.  (That could get dirty and fail.) Wouldn't have to be 100mm long either.

ArikS:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on November 09, 2014, 10:59:15 AM ---We have bluetooth keyboards for our ipads.  Why not a bluetooth fader rack?  Sell them in 16 channel sets and be assignable.  I can see this working.  The market would be as big as the number of ipad dependent digital mixers and that number will only be going up.  (Quickly at this point.)  I would want sliders with physical tracks, but they wouldn't have to be actual potentiometers.  (That could get dirty and fail.) Wouldn't have to be 100mm long either.

--- End quote ---

It all goes down to castrated claustrophobic solution, kind of mini USB piano keyboards with micro-sized keys that even kid can't play. Yes, it's the same black and white keys as in real piano but absolutely unusable for serious playing. No different than using laptop keyboard for playing notes with one finger, one at the time.

I see the ideal remote control surface as full-sized 100-mm faders, with normal spacing between them, 25 faders at least (16 for channels, 8 for subgroups, VCAs, etc. and one master fader). Scribble strips (channel names) and signal level meters are a must too. I don't mind to see it as a sliced top of Behr X32, same size.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version