Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Voice record pro/ voice record pro7

<< < (3/8) > >>

Wynnd:
Anyone know for a fact if the L/R output is carrying phantom power ever?  Inputs I understand, but the way I was reading it was that the op was wanting to take the L/R output and put it into an undocked ipad. 

As far as docking the ipad, that should work for recording, then playing back through the ipad channel.  (I'd do this before purchasing any cables.)   I think your recording program would work in that setup and I also suspect that the internal patching would also work so you could still pick your sound source.  (If anyone knows this to be wishful thinking only, please let me know.  I don't do much recording through the ipad.)

Silvertopsolarnut:
I was going to dock it and try a test with voice record pro and see if it did patch back just haven't been able to yet. 
We leave the DL1608 at the stage and the IPads we take home,and are going out of town till next Saturday.  This is going to bug me till we get back and try.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Silvertopsolarnut on April 16, 2015, 09:24:26 PM ---I was just unsure how to hard connect the I pad with the dl1608 main out XLRs.  I went looking and found 1/8 to XLRs mic adapters on line for external iPad mics.  I didn't know the phone out was also the mic in......If I'm going down the wrong path let me know.

--- End quote ---
Yes you are going down the wrong path. I answered your cable question thinking you would connect whatever to the mixer. If on the other hand you're just wanting to use VoiceRecord to record and playback on the DL you need to dock it and of course use MF3.x. No cables required, no inputs used up not meant for recording. You can however remap the iPad record input with your own selection of channels not just L&R. The MF3 has no control over VoiceRecord in the start/stop area, you need to switch to VC for that. It's not a hardship since you really can only do one thing at a time anyway. If you want to complain target Apple for their sandbox the apps concept. When all else fails RTFM.

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: WK154 on April 16, 2015, 11:19:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: Silvertopsolarnut on April 16, 2015, 09:24:26 PM ---I was just unsure how to hard connect the I pad with the dl1608 main out XLRs.  I went looking and found 1/8 to XLRs mic adapters on line for external iPad mics.  I didn't know the phone out was also the mic in......If I'm going down the wrong path let me know.

--- End quote ---
Yes you are going down the wrong path. I answered your cable question thinking you would connect whatever to the mixer. If on the other hand you're just wanting to use VoiceRecord to record and playback on the DL you need to dock it and of course use MF3.x. No cables required, no inputs used up not meant for recording. You can however remap the iPad record input with your own selection of channels not just L&R. The MF3 has no control over VoiceRecord in the start/stop area, you need to switch to VC for that. It's not a hardship since you really can only do one thing at a time anyway. If you want to complain target Apple for their sandbox the apps concept. When all else fails RTFM.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification. Can I use Voice Record this way with MF 2.x?

WK154:

--- Quote from: stevegarris on April 17, 2015, 08:33:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on April 16, 2015, 11:19:08 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification. Can I use Voice Record this way with MF 2.x?

--- End quote ---
It's a crap shoot since "white noise" is still a possibility AFAIK not fixed in MF classic. Most won't have a problem but Murphy is alive and well. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version