Author Topic: DL32 coming in October  (Read 41152 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: DL32 coming in October
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 07:38:31 PM »
Lots of Multitouch choices below that. Coming up to Christmas with another wave of new tablets and All in One's with the usual price cuts should make it less expensive.
When in doubt KISS

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 04:03:49 AM »
that video said "100% wireless", i wonder if that means there's no way to run the ipad connected directly? USB ports or something? or i'm imagining some kind of cat 5 snake with a black box on the end that has USB ports to plug your ipad into, so you could mix out front without being wi-fi dependent.

also, if the wi-fi is happening internally, i wonder if the wi-fi protocol gets obsolete before the mixer does, and if that's something that can be upgraded down the road?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 04:14:39 AM »
That's just meaningless marketing babble. With 32 inputs and 16 outputs+ how wireless can it be? If it's meant for the control then don't knock it it's the only thing that's been reliable on the DL. If your in a wireless mess I trust you can hook up a wired Ethernet of sorts. October 15th you may get some answers.
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 02:38:02 PM »
It’s a good bet that since it’s a rack unit, there’s no provision to dock the iPad anywhere. So that’s their claim to 100% wireless “control”. (It’d be cool if everything was wireless including all inputs. Just dreaming!)  "Somewhat" similar to the not released yet X18 from Behringer. That has a spot to put your iPad, but haven’t seen any connections from the pix.

Hopefully Mackie will release some more revealing pix and specs on the DL32 before it comes out, to satisfy the curious. Not that anyone here is interested too much.  ;)  :P   :lol:

And once the DL32 has been out in the real world for a while, and potential bugs have reared their heads once again, (hopefully not!) this will create a potpourri of interesting views and discussions. I look forward to it. This is actually a fantastic forum for this kind of stuff.  8)  :thu:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:48:27 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 03:37:33 AM »
If you want to see a preview of the purported new MF for the DL32 as well as the DL1608 take a look at Mackie's Facebook page. Totally different from current MF. Sep. 17 entry. Four rows of faders? Great looking stage. ::)
These are some of the Mackie comments:
Mackie: This new mixer will come with a new, more awesome Master Fader. And, yes, DL1608 and DL806 users will benefit big time.
Mackie: A new view of the same awesome interface. New toys for all the DL1608 users out there.

How about just recalling all the ones made with lead! Oh those are boat anchors. :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:49:46 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 12:45:48 PM »
The picture showing the iPad with the new? Master Fader looks purposely over exposed, or too much light shining on it to really see what it might look like. Too bad there's not a preview on the app store yet. I know it's an overview, but a better sneak peak would've been cool.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 12:55:18 PM »
RR, thank you for the link. Feeling like a facebook newb  :facepalm: , that was the picture I commented on. Is there another view there? Obviously I don't use facebook that much.  :-[

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »
RR, thank you for the link. Feeling like a facebook newb  :facepalm: , that was the picture I commented on. Is there another view there? Obviously I don't use facebook that much.  :-[
FB "hides" most comments, you have to go through and carefully expand them :/

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »
RR;

Thanks  ;)

Can't wait for this new release. Hope there's not too much of a learning curve. Mackie said it's the most intuitive control app on the market.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 07:05:07 PM »
The pic of the new app looks fine to me, its using the alternate color scheme available via iPad (for dark environments). If that's the most intuitive control app since apple pie I'll take the apple pie with real whip cream on top. :)
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 07:58:34 PM »
Mmmmm, mmmmmm.  :D

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »
I guess it's fair to say that most of us are eagerly awaiting the big reveal from Mackie for the October 15 live web event?   ;)

I await with baited breath.  :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:43:47 PM by Keyboard Magic »

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2014, 11:28:06 PM »
I think it's a bit too late for mackie, the presonus product looks great, the berry product range is great , with an as yet unfixed previous product mackie are not in a good place to unveil anything are they right now, their current range is too expensive IMHO.

The dl 1608.     806 need to drop to about 450 to 600 euros, and they need to stop charging the earth for rack mounts ipad trays and connectors,

Just my ten centimos worth

Kev
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:32:26 PM by Kev tyler »

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2014, 11:32:12 PM »
But hey, I think Mackie really outdid themselves with the their new "Mix" series!  :thu:
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!