Author Topic: DL32 coming in October  (Read 41522 times)

Kev tyler

• Knight
Re: DL32 coming in October
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2014, 08:00:20 PM »
Who died and made you moderator?

(Joke)

; )

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2014, 01:12:01 AM »
Who died and made you moderator?

(Joke)

; )
Let me also answer your other question from another thread.
I don't think I follow you, all over the place, ?

You've left your crumbs on a number forums and I personally am getting tired of hearing about WundaMix and the foot-pedal. If the solutions to your problem is in your view down the road with Behringer then save up and wait. Mackie as you stated is out of your budget range.
When in doubt KISS

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2014, 09:51:37 AM »
I don't like your attitude, before you answer Something from another thread, deal with this one first,

When the guys started talking about being in the audience of a live TV recording  you kept silent, this is a forum you get drift and opinions and suggestions, if you don't want to hear what I have to say then don't open my comments.

I don't need to save up money, I have plenty, I just don't want to spend close to 2000 euros on a pair of mixers to own a load of redundant channels.  And  yes I mute reverb between songs, get over it

I wish I could press my footswitch to mute forum bullies like you,  :lol:

Lighten up man.

Kev

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:02:15 AM by Kev tyler »

iBloke

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2014, 02:49:44 PM »
I've just had a quick look though this thread but I didn't see a link to this YouTube clip http://youtu.be/oTQmrzRSM1g

I hadn't seen it before. The new MF app looks good :)

gtrdudes

• Padawan
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2014, 03:23:02 PM »
I hadn't seen that video. There are some really clear shots of the product and master fader. I thought the 32 was going to have wifi built in. Looks like in this video someone is plugging in a router.  Or maybe that was a hard drive for recording?  I guess we find out Wednesday.  Looking forward to it.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2014, 05:22:41 PM »
Let's just hope they included all the essentials, only time will tell.
; )

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2014, 07:19:09 PM »
I hadn't seen that video. There are some really clear shots of the product and master fader. I thought the 32 was going to have wifi built in. Looks like in this video someone is plugging in a router.  Or maybe that was a hard drive for recording?  I guess we find out Wednesday.  Looking forward to it.

There's one very quick shot that shows an Apple Airport Extreme on top of the rack. Leaving the WiFi as an external unit may actually be a good thing (or at least, better than locking users in to something that may not play well down the road) -- it makes the communication a little more "future proof."

The shots of the Master Fader app look pretty good. It looks like the bus selector has gotten a little bigger, which will be a welcome change, and there's been a little more feature access added to the channel strips. Hopefully, we'll get a better look on Wednesday.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2014, 12:19:26 AM »
Several good thing about leaving the wifi external.  Lowers the manufacturing costs, allows upgrades to the wifi, and allows wifi repairs without shipping off your mixer.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »
Looked like an HDD he plugged in at the back:)
Did you notice it was labelled DLS32R?
The older I get, the better I was!

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2014, 10:12:06 AM »
Looked like an HDD he plugged in at the back:)
Did you notice it was labelled DLS32R?

You're right about the USB drive! At 1:27, you can see USB A and USB B ports. There's also a big red sticker that says "PROTOTYPE NOT FOR..." on back or the mixer, so it will be interesting to see what features actually make it to market. :)
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2014, 03:12:04 PM »
Good catch. I went back, upped the playback res to 1080p and slowed the speed to 0.25 and you get a good view of all the goodies on this unit. Last 8 channels all on combo jacks (saves on some DI boxes hopefully) and channel 32 was labelled as Talk Back.

Perhaps there will be direct playback of media files or multitrack recording from this device. Would guess the USB B will be to use it as a sound card for playback from a PC or Mac. Am quite excited about this, even if I have no real need for it LOL  :lol:

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2014, 05:07:16 PM »
Looks like Mackie listened to some of the suggestions. Fader area reduced, title bar with much more direct access, subgroups and VCA. DL1608 implementation of VCA should be interesting. Color is being finally used more effectively with aux screens clearly distinct from L&R. Mute finally out of harms way. Eq thumbnail with additional info. If the old problems are gone then this should carry them for a while longer. Unfortunately the only post by Mackie on Facebook regarding availability is:
Mackie Master Fader update will be a bit later than the Oct 15 product launch. Should see something soon after
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »
I do hope the DL32R does NOT have a built in wireless router.... too many people that are already using a "wireless" mixer of sorts has a favorite router. 
I am going to be very disappointed if they say that this "Launch Event" is only that,.... a public viewing of what is to be available sometime after NAMM 2015.  :(

I want my 1608 gone yesterday, because it does not save gain settings in the shows. Pain in the....

Absolutely love my Allen & Heath Qu24 for concerts where a real console is nice to operate, but the Mackie is so awesome for smaller gigs,, wedding receptions, etc. I can't wait for the DL32R but I AM NOT parting with my Qu24  :).

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:39:41 PM by dpdan »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2014, 09:23:04 PM »
I was disappointed that the DL1608 didn't have a built in router (and I said so on the Mackie forum). With stand alone routers costing from less than £20 there's no excuse for not building one in to the desk for the convenience of not having the extra box, wires and wall wart.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »

I want my 1608 gone yesterday, because it does not save gain settings in the shows. Pain in the....

That used to bother me, but on someone else's recommendation, I just started taking a picture with the iPad of the gains after each show. You can save these pictures in named folders on your iPad, bring them up and adjust the gains accordingly.