Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Fluke or Good Luck? Hope for the DL?

<< < (3/12) > >>

Jerrylee:
KM I have said many times that the programable mic pre's are my number one reason for the upgrade. That's just one of many. But still at the top of my list. And it's not just for when you need to get back the pre's. You just plug everything in and walk away. You don't have to be at the board to set the initial gains. I have many times stuck my rack under a stage after I plugged everything in. I never saw the board until everything was over.

Fluddman:
Yep programable mic pre's are high on my list too, but I assume it would add to the price.

If money's tight I reckon the DL is still the best value.

Cheers

Wynnd:
There's frequently music playing in the background and I use that to level out the inputs.  Trial and error leads me to understand about what level the VU meters need to be reading.  This doesn't help on DIs.  This is where working with the same band makes a big difference.  Whenever working with a new band, there are teething problems.  (I've got a sound job coming up early August where everything in this jazz group will be mic'd.  Don't know if all the musicians will be the same as last year, but I did need to add the bassist to the mix.)  I will probably start with my ipad docked and run around with my ipad mini. 

Keyboard Magic:
Yes, if you're going wireless, theoretically, everything should be wireless, including the mic pre's, theoretically, of course. If I use the school's system again next school year, I will have to keep the DL close and tune the room wirelessly when needed.

Long & McQuade here is already taking pre-orders for the Behringer X18. It might be time to take a long hard look at this one again. They posted a retail price of $999.99 Canadian for it, with a minimum 30 day ship date. It would be nice to play with the software first. I presume the X32 app would fill the bill for learning my way around it until the X18 software app is released.

WK154:
The X32 app will not be too useful for X18 workflow. We are talking about a 12 bus mixer vs. a 25 bus one. Significant changes in routing etc. will exist. What little is shown of the X18 screens should give you a hint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version