Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Headphone amp for the DL 1608

(1/11) > >>

Sting:
Our drummer purchased a behringer ha4700 headphone amp. They had a problem with noise running out of the aux sends on the DL.  I believe it is because this amp doesn't support balanced connectors on its aux inputs.  Am I wrong on this? If not what are you guys using for IEM?

WK154:
The HA4700 on both direct in and aux is unbalanced (TRS stereo is the clue). The only balanced lines in and out are the mains. I had similar problems with a Yamaha mixer and HA4700 but managed to quiet it with the right cable hookup. Of hand I don't remember the solution it's been a while. The DL doesn't help this issue since it has a pin one problem. The right power supply for the DL and the cable that lowers the input noise may make this workable. Better to just return it and find a headphone amp with balanced inputs.

Wynnd:
There's no phantom power on the Aux outputs.  For unbalanced runs, keep the cable short, consider a DI box in line.  Both of those should help.  (Maybe the DI box more than the cable.)  Balanced is a stronger signal and cleans up anything that the cable picks up.  That only works when both ends are balanced.  You might also want to carry the signal out balanced and put a matching transformer on the amp's input.  (Probably as good as a DI box.)

WK154:
I'm guessing but if it's just for the drummer he would want something like the Behringer Powerplay P1. Just haven't seen anyone carry this. Two balanced inputs to headphones with pan and loudness control.

walterw:

--- Quote from: WK154 on December 27, 2013, 05:13:31 AM ---The DL doesn't help this issue since it has a pin one problem.

--- End quote ---
how do you mean?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version