Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL1608 vs ?

(1/4) > >>

thedrums:
I've been using the DL for about a year now and like it very much but with the onslaught of new digital boards coming out I was wondering if anyone a has experience or opinions about these new digital consoles in the 16 to 24 channel range. What console do you think is the best? feature-wise, value, etc. Let 'er rip.

WK154:
Today and I emphasize TODAY there is only 1 that qualifies and that's the X32 rack at $1150 or better. If however you are looking at a $799 for the DL there is a $$ gap to go along with the features gap. So you need to state your $$ target.

thedrums:
Maybe my question was a little vague but I'm hoping to hear from people who have experience with digital boards other than the DL. I have a DL already just would  hear people compare other boards to the DL in the $1-3 thousand dollar area as in a working mans range. I'm not looking at a $10k console. for instance, the x32 Rack looks great on paper does anyone here have one? And the Allen and Heath qu16, anyone? I loved the MixWix. And what is the deal with the lack of insert points on digital consoles?

Wynnd:
Studiolive 24.4.2 is in that range.  Been using 1 for my seniors show.  More analog like, but with the digital bells and whistles.  Not rack mountable and heavier are the reasons I never bought one.  There is the 16 channel model.  Way better if your recording.  For live shows I'm sticking with the DL.

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: thedrums on February 08, 2014, 02:50:22 AM ---Maybe my question was a little vague but I'm hoping to hear from people who have experience with digital boards other than the DL. I have a DL already just would  hear people compare other boards to the DL in the $1-3 thousand dollar area as in a working mans range. I'm not looking at a $10k console. for instance, the x32 Rack looks great on paper does anyone here have one? And the Allen and Heath qu16, anyone? I loved the MixWix. And what is the deal with the lack of insert points on digital consoles?

--- End quote ---

The lack of physical inserts on low end digital desks is simple to explain, cost, and the fact that the desk has all the dynamics processing you could wish for makes them pretty much redundant in practice. Also a physical insert would have to be directly after the mic/line stage as everything after that is digital which limit's it's usefulness anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version