Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

How I transport my DL

<< < (5/5)

redwood:
True but I never need a snake for my purposes. Thought about leaving everything patched in and ready to go, and I may still go that route, but for now this works for me.

musicman7722:
I understand and I hope you know I was just commenting not being rude  :thu:.  If it were me I would try and leave it wired up.  Time is money so to speak.  The nice thing about my rig is that there is enough room on the right side to slide my ipad in and out when I need to, especially if charging.

redwood:
No worries, and no rudeness perceived at all.

My production rig (I do live sound at a local listening room 3-5x/month) is setup much the way you describe, but in a rolling rack, everything all patched, snake coiled up in the bottom for exactly the same reasons. My DL rig is mostly for rehearsals and gigs where I run sound and play, although I may start doing some other sound gigs where I mix wirelessly, leaving the DL onstage. We'll see.

Wynnd:
I don't leave my snake attached, but my wireless receivers and outputs are attached.  (Small mixer rack case.)  If I used the snake more consistently, it would be left attached and coiled up in back.  (Really should do a wiring clean up job in that case.  It's a mess and I hate having a mess.)

Renoman:
Little flight case and a pillow off the couch, I use these for a lot of my gear - wheels MAN- you can't beat wheels, note also the blind old Bass player numbers. Does Mackie not realize that most stages are dark and most players have had maybe one drink?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version