Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation

<< < (6/46) > >>

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: craigherbs on November 25, 2014, 10:05:55 AM ---Jumpy Fader Problem - I've noticed that my iPad Mini is a bit jumpy/slow to respond when using it wirelessly if I have the charger plugged into it at the same time.

Anyone else found this?

--- End quote ---

With some leads and/or chargers (3rd party lead, apple charger) my iPhone 5s screen become unresponsive, laggy or frozen, unplugging it returns the phone to normal. My wife's 5c does similar, both are on iOS7.

Bufalo:
I would like the ability to assign a particular "View Group" as the default for a particular output "Mix Selection."   

Expanded explanation - on my 1608, I've created different mix views for the main mix and for monitor mixes and aux-fed-subwoofer mixes which just show me the input channels that are applicable to those outputs, theoretically meaning less swiping and faster mixing while in the throes of playing bass and mixing the show simultaneously.   Currently, I make two taps on the interface to pick a Mix Selection (output) and then two more taps again to choose View Group.   In practice however, because I cannot currently have them automatically switch, I end up just using the "Main" view for everything.   That nullifies even having the ability to set up different views.   The extra tapping and choosing simply requires too much time in between notes, and occasionally generates extra confusion ("where'd that channel go???? Oh yeah..."). 

If I've missed that this feature already exists, let me know!  I've read the MF3.0 reference guide's sections on View Groups a few times through and haven't found it.

Jkowtko:
I would love it if they could provide an adapter plug for the existing docking port to connect a USB stick or USB hard disk drive for recording.   

I understand that multi-track recording may not be possible off of this port -- but it would be nice to have the ability to run all your iPads wirelessly as in the rack version, tuck your DL out of the way so it doesn't have to take up space on the tabletop, and still have on-board two-track digital recording.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Jkowtko on December 11, 2014, 05:50:37 PM ---I would love it if they could provide an adapter plug for the existing docking port to connect a USB stick or USB hard disk drive for recording.
--- End quote ---
You can basically do this with an older iPhone or iPod Touch. Problem is you have to start the recording from that device. Dunno if there are any apps that have remote control like Tango but for recording instead of playback?

Jkowtko:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on December 11, 2014, 08:39:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jkowtko on December 11, 2014, 05:50:37 PM ---I would love it if they could provide an adapter plug for the existing docking port to connect a USB stick or USB hard disk drive for recording.
--- End quote ---
You can basically do this with an older iPhone or iPod Touch. Problem is you have to start the recording from that device. Dunno if there are any apps that have remote control like Tango but for recording instead of playback?

--- End quote ---

But then I wouldn't "love it" ... ;)  In fact, it sounds like a royal pain  in the ass.  Half the problem is getting the recording off the iDevice once it is put there ...

When I do  the concerts the video guy gives me an SD card to record to.  I pop the SD card into a Tascam DR-1 connected to a couple of aux outs on the board to make an analog recording for the video.  When we're done with the concert for the night, I remove the SD card and hand it to the video guy.  done.

I also use the docked iPad to make a backup copy for myself and to potentially have a higher quality than analog recording.  But I have to hook the iPad up to my laptop later on and use iFunBox to extract the audio files from the iPad.  This is blatantly more complicated than it needs to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version