Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL1608 DSP load

<< < (2/5) > >>

WK154:
Just ran into some info on the DSP's in the X32. They are 266Mhz that's slower than the DL's 400Mhz. Two DSP 21371 which makes sense since there are 32 channels in the X32. That should put DL capability into more of a perspective including more recording channels. Haven't taken my X32 apart to see the logic processor used. Probably wait for the rack for that.

WK154:
The question of what could it do has been around for a while and this was not meant to be even remotely useful for someone trying to program it. Strictly for growth potential which of course depends solely on Mackie since they chose to be so secretive about this product. Got to do something to keep the blood flowing.

RoadRanger:
Just FYI my Phonic Summit mixer has 9 DSP's...

WK154:
So does my XDM along with 2 other cpu's and a FPLA. It has a delay of 150 microseconds compared to the DL's 1500 microseconds and these are only 150 - 160Mhz units. So it's hard to tell performance from just specs.

WK154:
The X32 internals are not quite laid out yet but here an interesting article that unveils some of the mystery. The OS is a home brewed real time OS geared specifically to this product. This is more efficient since you can concentrate on the specific audio tasks instead of general purpose multitasking. They also state that the DSP's are at 90% utilization but they can add more. I think they can also upgrade  to higher performance units like Mackie did without incurring a major board layout. How's your German? 
http://www.xound.com/profi-statements-zum-x32/christian-stahl-und-thomas-zint-von-behringer.html
This should put to rest the speculation on what's running the X32. Still need more of the key chips inside besides the DSP's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version