Author Topic: Phonic acapela  (Read 23543 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Phonic acapela
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 04:13:41 AM »
Behringer guys (and Uli even) hang out over here:
http://soundforums.net/junior-varsity/4299-uli-behringer-music-group-q.html
http://soundforums.net/junior-varsity/5455-x16-preview.html
That's where it was just announced that the iX16 is being redesigned due to feedback from the market. Personally I hope they dump the idea of a DL1608 clone and make it a controlless 2U version of the Rack with all the I/O on the front :) .

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 04:18:52 AM »
From the manual all aux sends can be pre or post and with a choice of sequence on  Dynamics etc. The DSP  process is broken up into 3 distinct operations individually selected and sequenced. The aux are really 6 two being fixed stereo (CNTRL Room out).
Check out the block diagram in the iS16 manual - you'll see that the control room outs are the same as the headphone out and dedicated to the solo system (as is true in most all mixers I've seen). And the pre-fader selection is just exactly that (always post EQ post dynamics). I was really hoping they would fix this which is why I was looking forward to a firmware update to the Summit/S16 but it seems they have decided to continue to screw that pooch x( .

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 04:20:22 AM »
I'm talking about the Acapela not the iS16.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 04:21:07 AM »
Behringer guys (and Uli even) hang out over here:
http://soundforums.net/junior-varsity/4299-uli-behringer-music-group-q.html
http://soundforums.net/junior-varsity/5455-x16-preview.html
That's where it was just announced that the iX16 is being redesigned due to feedback from the market. Personally I hope they dump the idea of a DL1608 clone and make it a controlless 2U version of the Rack with all the I/O on the front :) .
Yup that's me grilling Uli. You don't like the idea of gaffer's tape? ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:34:14 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2013, 04:54:12 AM »
Yup that's me grilling Uli. You don't like the idea of gaffers tape? ;D
Yah, we have fun over there arguing over nothin' sometimes. And it's Gaffa tape dammit >:D  ;) :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaffer_tape

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 05:28:46 AM »
Getting late and I have a 5:30am trip to LAX what are you still doing up it's 10:30 pm in CA 1:30am your time.
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »
Getting late and I have a 5:30am trip to LAX what are you still doing up it's 10:30 pm in CA 1:30am your time.
I work from home, just had to get up to put the rugrat on the bus - she just started kindergarten. I'll be 71 when she graduates from high school :o . Working on an ARM based product at the moment, just some ongoing tweaks to the software - it's running a non-preemptive multitasking OS I wrote for it 8) . http://pulsarscientific.com/

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »
Seems like we have a few truly technical people on this forum...
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2013, 05:23:47 PM »
UPDATE: Still not in stock but I downloaded the iPad app (acapela16) and it seems to be OK. I would probably change some of the workflow but that's me. It appears to have all the controls for the mixer available. At $750 it's a new target price for this level mixer. It has more functionality than the DL. With availability now into Dec. it's still an unknown in the US. Support is being addressed and time will tell. The Warranty is now 3yrs. sound familiar?  For those that want more analog the IS16 has a new price of $1500. Clearly a contender with others at this level. The X32 rack at $1500 is still way ahead in features and expandability.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:26:42 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

PeterKorg

• Padawan
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 08:38:03 PM »
Looks good for the money, one problem for me is only 4 aux, we havea 5 piece band, so someone would have to share, also agree the app looks a bit amateurish

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 10:18:40 PM »
Unless you downloaded the actual app I'll have to disagree with you Mackie's is more in line with your comment. You also have CTRL outputs for stage monitors aside from aux's. Looks can be deceiving work flow isn't. The comment about the app was for a previous version not the current one FYI.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 10:32:21 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 03:27:19 AM »
UPDATE:
The ever elusive arrival date for this mixer which should have been today 12/31/13 has now slipped to 1/24/? or maybe never. If I were trying to repair my reputation in the US or anywhere else for that matter I would not play these kind of games. Send all these marketing types back to school. Happy New Year 20xx Phonic.  >:D
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 03:32:06 AM »
I've pretty much given up on Phonic - they just seem to be uninterested in the US market.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2014, 05:27:03 AM »
I would have to agree with that. The May 1 2013 hope for Phonic was supposed to have been Eric Schwartz, the Sales and Operations Manager for the US. Sounds like another vanishing act at Phonic. Grant_ponic if you ever come back here maybe you can enlighten us. They may just have too many MIA's.
When in doubt KISS