Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My Fader V1.0 Is Here !

<< < (6/6)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: ChiroVette on April 18, 2013, 01:49:37 PM ---Actually, I am pretty sure I remember Mackie tech support people on the phone telling me that they are working on Android apps. I could be way off on this, but I think they are planning on it.
--- End quote ---
Those phone guys seem to make up stuff :( .

Jerrylee:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on April 18, 2013, 01:52:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: ChiroVette on April 18, 2013, 01:49:37 PM ---Actually, I am pretty sure I remember Mackie tech support people on the phone telling me that they are working on Android apps. I could be way off on this, but I think they are planning on it.
--- End quote ---
Those phone guys seem to make up stuff :( .

--- End quote ---

Agreed. Beno posted on the forums a while back that there are no plans for an android app. This is one of the big issues with android vs iOS. There are so many different versions of android and so many different overlays. They would have to develop an app for each one. This could be 100s if not thousands. With iOS there is only one master fader app because there is basically only one iOS. Yes there are updated versions but typically backwards compatible. Yes it evolves but there is still only one. Some iPhones cannot run programs because they unfortunately can't evolve due to hardware limitations. There is only one company that owns iOS and one tablet and phone/yltouch that runs it. That would be apple, iPad and iPhone/touch.

With android there are hundreds of different phone companies who can put android on their phones, and typically it is not just pure android but an overlay like Samsung touch wiz, htc sense and many others.

This is also why there are so many different hardware accessories you can get for iPhones that don't exist for android phones.

Samsung has said they are working on there own OS so that they can control this issue. If it was a stable OS then companies can focus on apps and hardware that would work specific with the galaxy phones. Then you might get a master fader app but only for Samsung. Same as it is now for iPhones.

musicman7722:
Well had a gig this weekend and my drummer finally used the My Fade for his mix.  He usually has a grim looking face when he plays but he was delighted at having full control.

I also put it my iphone and set it up for foh and walked the room with it for some basic channel adjustments.  Last set I left the ipad docked and used it for an occasional channel adjustment (thanks Jerry Lee) and it was great.

So it works for me.

I had 4 different musicians in the audiance approach me and were spell bound at the technology and the cost.  For weekend warriors like me it is perfect.

Chris

Hankdaz:
I've not used the My Fader yet, but it seems like a great option. While I totally agree with the client vs server based argument for security and permissions, lets also be practical. How many people will face these outlier issues? It's nitpicking, true stuff, but nitpicking all the same. The my fader works and EQ adjustments totally defeats the purpose of a simple monitor level tool

Yorgaki1:
Used it this weekend for the first time and it worked great. My setup; This was a Greek bouzouki duo performing at Cincinnati State College during a gourmet food/wine tasting event. About 1000 people strolling from station to station. When performing as a duo, I previously had been playing our backing tracks using 2 minidisc decks mounted in an 8 space rack with an Allan & Heath mixer in a popup skb mixer case. All I need now is the DL! I've transfered all of my backing tracks into itunes and run idjay on the docked ipad. I used some double sided tape and temporarily mounted my ipod touch running My Fader, right on my bouzouki. Our instruments are wireless, so as we strolled around the room, I was making adjustments to the mix in real time. The organizer of the event asked me to bring the level down just a bit at one point and I made the adjustment right there, 50 feet from stage and she was thrilled that I could do it so quickly. I was thinking of originally getting a second Ipad, but the ipod app my be easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version