Author Topic: Troubles with iPad Music during band breaks  (Read 2040 times)

steinbass256

• Initiate
Troubles with iPad Music during band breaks
« on: December 12, 2016, 10:29:23 PM »
Has anyone had problems with music from a playlist in the iPad Music app stopping mid-song while running Masterfader 4.5.x on a DL1608 mixer? Many of the venues my band plays want us to provide recorded music between sets. I double tap Home button on my 16GB iPad Air installed in the 1608 to get to Music app, choose a playlist, start it & double tap Home button to go back to MF app. Unmute iPad channel, increase fader level & music starts. Plays for anywhere from 3-5 minutes and then stops. Have to run to mixer on the stage and go thru the above procedure again to start up break music. Annoying as hell and usually doesn't help with crowd's attitude towards the band. :-[ :(

iPad running latest version of MasterFader & iOS 10. Playlist music is downloaded into the iPad's memory (not being streamed from my Apple Music account).

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
Re: Troubles with iPad Music during band breaks
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 03:45:38 AM »
something is screwy for sure, I do the same thing but I run my break music wirelessly through the Apple Airport Express.

hmmm?

steinbass256

• Initiate
Re: Troubles with iPad Music during band breaks
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 08:05:29 AM »
Thanks for the info. I'll try using the playlists loaded on my remote iPad I use for walk around sound setup. It has most of the same music loaded on it & is connected to DL1608 thru private (p-word protected) wifi network router.