Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Anyone do outdoor gigs with these?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: MrDOS on March 23, 2015, 09:56:46 PM ---The iClipse is discontinued at Amazon, and has received quite poor reviews, as far as I can see  :)

--- End quote ---

Rats!  :'(  Maybe a suitable one could be home made out of cardboard or something similar?

craigherbs:
I do the sound at the "Harbour Stage" for the 'Scottish Traditional Boats Festival' every summer (it's held in a small town called Portsoy in the North-East of Scotland - 4th & 5th July this year if you want to come along) and I've never really found the iPad hard to see outside - what I have found is that you need something to hold the iPad 'about your person' between acts, when you're getting the next act on stage and set up - in the general melee I tend to forget where I've laid it down - or it could get stood on - or worse.

I've been searching for some sort of harness - without success thus far (unless someone on here knows different) - so I use a home made shoulder bag - brightly coloured so it's easy to spot if I do lay it down somewhere.

And knowing how unpredictable the British weather can be something waterproof could be a good investment as well....

The plus side to all this is that I can sit, at a table, outside the pub, down at the lovely old harbour in Portsoy and mix the gig from there - it's a hard life sometimes....

http://www.stbfportsoy.com/

robbocurry:
What happened your sporran, ? ;)

craigherbs:
The sporran is where I keep the massive fee I get for doing the gig! - he lied....

robbocurry:
LOLz :thu: :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version