Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Anyone do outdoor gigs with these?

<< < (2/4) > >>

sam.spoons:
Yes, no problem but don't leave the iPad/s in the sun, I had a situation the first summer when I left my two iPads in the sun while I set up and then had to spend 20 mins in the car with the air-con on full holding them in front of the dash vents 'till they cooled enough to boot again. Visibility is fine but remember the battery life is less with the display on high brightness. I'd also keep the desk, amps and any powered speakers in shade as much as possible as they will shut down if they get too hot (why are powered speakers intended for general (i.e. sometimes outdoor) use painted matt black, the colour that absorbs most heat from the sun)?

I may buy an industrial sized roll of aluminium foil this summer  8)

Wynnd:
I spend some time looking for shady spots.  Direct sunlight in Denver is very intense and the norm.

cupojoe:
I have had difficulty on sunny days (car shows etc) just seeing the ipad2 screen well even with brightness turned up.  Once in a while we walk into some unknown setups without shade and end up mixing in sunshine.   I'll check out that iclipse.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on March 22, 2015, 10:42:24 PM ---Better still!

--- End quote ---

A hoody for your iPad? Nice!  ;)

MrDOS:
The iClipse is discontinued at Amazon, and has received quite poor reviews, as far as I can see  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version