Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader v3.1 Now Available

<< < (3/11) > >>

WK154:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on April 28, 2015, 10:27:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: JohnMHoyt on April 28, 2015, 09:24:02 PM ---Oh please oh please...  Let this fix my issue where the docked iPad just stops communicating via Master Fader (yet, music being played from that iPad still plays) until I remove it from the dock and plug it back in.
--- End quote ---
I think we figured out that the issue is the charging circuit - and it "goes away" if you have the iPad 100% charged.

--- End quote ---
I don't think that's the case. I believe that the grounding techniques or lack thereof are the real problem. I just haven't found the time or inclination to prove it. Who would drain the iPad chassis ground into the DL signal ground? Mackie needs a lesson from Bill Whitlock on audio grounding techniques. :)

Keyboard Magic:
Hey, JohnMHoyt  or John?

Welcome to the forum!!!!  :) I love your avatar by the way, too!!  :thu:

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: WK154 on April 28, 2015, 11:11:41 PM ---I don't think that's the case. I believe that the grounding techniques or lack thereof are the real problem. I just haven't found the time or inclination to prove it. Who would drain the iPad chassis ground into the DL signal ground? Mackie needs a lesson from Bill Whitlock on audio grounding techniques. :)

--- End quote ---

I would believe grounding could be an issue...  I have seen similar issues with computers, audio systems and pbx systems where something had a not-so-well grounded connection, then it was grounded well for lightening purposes later, and that's when the troubles started.   I also read in the other thread about that, such as lifting the pin on the power supply ground, etc.   Not sure I want to try that, but hey, maybe I need to.  Would be interested to hear what you find if you get the time =)

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on April 28, 2015, 11:59:36 PM ---Hey, JohnMHoyt  or John?

Welcome to the forum!!!!  :) I love your avatar by the way, too!!  :thu:

--- End quote ---

Thanks... Call me John, call me whatever... I'm easy, like Sunday morning.     I stole the avatar so I wouldn't be bare, it seemed fitting for an audio forum =P

I've been lurking here for a while, just got around to responding.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: JohnMHoyt on April 28, 2015, 10:31:31 PM ---That iPad is always at 100% charge though... (I read the thread about lost sync and thought that could be the problem, so I keep it fully charged)
--- End quote ---
Mine was pukin' out big-time on a gig a couple weeks back, turned out I was at 50%. Once it charged back it it was fine. Obviously YMMV  :-\ .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version