Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V1.4 Coming RealSoonNow(tm)

<< < (5/23) > >>

bcbeak:
Thanks for creating this. Really upset with MACKIE. If I had just purchased the DL1608  (and the entire DLM PA system)
I might be carting them back to Guitar Center to exchange for Behringer and QSC. 

We the active users .. were both critics and supporters of the mixer .. and our input should have been invaluable to the
MACKIE staff .. helping them to shape and better refine the product. But it appears that they did not want any user
problems to be made public.

abzurd:
It's not uncommon for things to be released at NAMM and not materialize for months, and sometimes are scrapped altogether. I had my eye on an Ultimate Stands speaker cart that was also the stand (speakers never leave the cart). They introduced at NAMM a few years ago and it never made it to market.

There's a good quote related to NAMM someone came up with years ago ("Not Available Maybe May")

FWIW, Presonus updates for the StudioLive have the same history. I've owned an SL since January of 2009. Presonus announces updates 3-6 months before you actually see them and sometimes don't even release all the functionality they tout ahead of time. In over 4 years they've had maybe 6 updates total.

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: bcbeak on March 22, 2013, 02:10:12 PM ---Thanks for creating this. Really upset with MACKIE. If I had just purchased the DL1608  (and the entire DLM PA system)
I might be carting them back to Guitar Center to exchange for Behringer and QSC. 

We the active users .. were both critics and supporters of the mixer .. and our input should have been invaluable to the
MACKIE staff .. helping them to shape and better refine the product. But it appears that they did not want any user
problems to be made public.

--- End quote ---

I get where you're coming from but the Berry iX16 is still only vapourware so far  ::) For the moment at least, the DL1608 is the market leader in a class of one.

Jerrylee:

--- Quote from: Tnelson494 on March 17, 2013, 12:25:25 PM ---Well in theory this would be the week ....if you go by BenO's "a couple more weeks" I hope they stay true to it and keep putting out updates but either way I know right now Jerry Lee can't stop laughing and saying I told you so to every random stranger he walks by  :lol:

--- End quote ---

I hate to say it...actually no I don't...I TOLD YOU SO. I even said that I wouldn't be surprised if Mackie shut down its forums. I guess it was all my fault. Spineless company. Can't wait till the x32 rack is released. I will never look back. Any company who would dump a great user database because they can't take the heat should not, and will not, be supported by me. If you have crappy business habits, don't know how to make a proper pr statements, have no problem lying to customers and not have the forethought to develop a product that wouldn't be left in the dust by its competitors, then you should be prepared for the backlash. Instead Mackie took the low road and punished its users.

Who is the one who said that they were ok about the delay but if it wasn't out by mid march then they would have to side with everyone who was complaining. It was either Hank or trshot. Where are you now? Still defending your beloved company. Again...I TOLD YOU SO.

Please o please behringer hurry up. FYI for everyone, the x32 rack is already out in Europe. They are waiting for US FCC approval. There are already reviews online. There are so many features Mackie will never, ever have in the dl. Here is one more: you can assign the inputs to multiple channels. You can take input 1 and assign it to channels 1 and 17. Then you can completely assign different effects, dynamics etc to each channel. Use channel 1 for the mains and channel 17 for the monitors. Sweet!

RoadRanger:
Jerry is in da House!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJLSZfpwgFs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version