Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (5/45) > >>

sam.spoons:
Nearly everything in MF3 is slow/laggy (iPad3/iOS8.1.1) the faders seem ok but selecting a button (solo/mute etc) or eq page or WHY takes around half a second where before it was virtual instant. I don't want to put MF3 on my iPad2/iOS7 in case I have trouble reverting, I have a gig next week where I'll need it. I have had the V3 firmware on the DL just to see if it made a difference. I have reverted back to V2 for the moment, I'll play with MF3 for a few days and then restore the iPad from a pre update backup, hopefully that will restore MF2 for the moment. Shame I can't revert to iOS7 (the iPad3 was on iOS6 and I tried unsuccessfully to upgrade it to 7.1.2, when that failed I had no choice but to go with iOS8). Other stuff on iOS8 seems fine though I haven't done any in depth testing yet.

Keyboard Magic:
Is it possible since MF 3 has so many more features and or background processes, that it’s requiring more CPU time to run and slowing down the iPad?

WK154:
Hopefully it's something stupid like leaving the debug switch enabled when they compiled the PUBLIC BETA or did this magically turn into a final release when I wasn't looking? There is only one background process I'm aware of and that is recording which has been there all along.

Keyboard Magic:
What about the "MackApple" combination? MF and iOS?

WK154:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on December 08, 2014, 07:29:40 PM ---What about the "MackApple" combination? MF and iOS?

--- End quote ---
Isn't that called a McIntosh? :) Don't get me started on the Fruit. The attempted switch to a real multitasking OS didn't quite make it in iOS 8. So who knows what state that's in. The changes for developers amounted to about 4000 API's either changed, new or discontinued. So App developers all had to go over their code again to catch all the gotchas. Oh what fun it is to ride the Apple code malaise... ;) I'm working on that day job replacement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version