Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..

<< < (18/30) > >>

WK154:
Here's a possibility and we know this hasn't been fixed in MF since no update exists for iOS8.x. From Studio 6 Digital:

Here’s why some iOS 8 updates break our apps

Just figured this out this morning. Apple provides the ability to change the mic gain on many devices, including all iPhones. Prior to iOS 8, iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPad mini did not support this feature. The good news is that now those devices do have adjustable gain, but the bad news is that the gain factors are completely different than they were in all of the previous devices. So, when AudioTools starts up, it detects the adjustable gain and sets the mic to the values that worked before. Only now, those values result in the gain being set so low that the input basically shuts off.

We have a fix working here, but unfortunately we also need to update all of the modules for compatibility with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. We have both devices here, and we are making good progress. We hope to get an update to Apple this week, which likely would be approved by next week.

In the meantime, you can set the gain values for the internal mic to about 30, and you will get some results, but only for louder sounds.
If you quiet the noise will it bother you? They've since fixed that problem but there are more.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: WK154 on October 28, 2014, 02:12:10 AM ---Here's a possibility and we know this hasn't been fixed in MF since no update exists for iOS8.x. From Studio 6 Digital:

Here’s why some iOS 8 updates break our apps

Just figured this out this morning. Apple provides the ability to change the mic gain on many devices, including all iPhones. Prior to iOS 8, iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPad mini did not support this feature. The good news is that now those devices do have adjustable gain, but the bad news is that the gain factors are completely different than they were in all of the previous devices. So, when AudioTools starts up, it detects the adjustable gain and sets the mic to the values that worked before. Only now, those values result in the gain being set so low that the input basically shuts off.

We have a fix working here, but unfortunately we also need to update all of the modules for compatibility with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. We have both devices here, and we are making good progress. We hope to get an update to Apple this week, which likely would be approved by next week.

In the meantime, you can set the gain values for the internal mic to about 30, and you will get some results, but only for louder sounds.
If you quiet the noise will it bother you? They've since fixed that problem but there are more.

--- End quote ---
???????
Sorry WK, not following you!

WK154:
Robbo before I answer that I need to know from iBloke if he changed the music playback program since his other tests and what is it? Remember that MF may or may not process that data or whether it just commands the DL of what it's about to receive. Sorry I'm not privy to the code. :) Ah but I do know that the app like music which I believe was being used for the tests has been modified by Apple for iOS 8.x and it does control the volume before it's passed on to the DL (change number one). The DL then can further control the volume (iPad faders) before sending it on it's way to the PA. It actually get worst than that because Apple likes to control the World and may also pass the audio stream thru it's audio-limiter (Katz's answer to the loudness wars) if you haven't turned it off. :) Remember this is all digital audio till it hits the DL D/A's.

iBloke:

--- Quote from: WK154 on October 28, 2014, 03:16:01 AM ---Robbo before I answer that I need to know from iBloke if he changed the music playback program since his other tests and what is it? Remember that MF may or may not process that data or whether it just commands the DL about what it's about to receive. Sorry I'm not privy to the code. :)

--- End quote ---

I use both apple music app, and Tango music app. Tango give me the ability to set up play lists wirelessly.

These are the only 2 music apps I've ever used and the White noise was equally common in both. :)

WK154:
I know that Music app has been modified for iOS8 has Tango and have you used it recently wired the October 7th version which includes iOS 8 fixes.?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version