Author Topic: Seattle Area DC16 Testing  (Read 2138 times)

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
Seattle Area DC16 Testing
« on: August 31, 2016, 07:55:28 PM »
Hey all,
Are there any DL32R owners in the Seattle area that have a show this weekend (Sept 2-5)  or next weekend (Sept 9-12) and want to try out a DC16? If you enjoy trying new gear or are considering adding a DC16 to your system, now's a great chance to try it out. We're looking for a few more local testers to give our the system a run through before public release.

Requirements:
*Come to the Mackie offices in Woodinville to pick it up and drop it off.
*Provide your own DL32R and iPads. We'll provide a loaner DC16 and Dante card.
*Sign an NDA and provide a photo copy of your ID as you will be using pre-release software. You'll agree you won't be able to talk about your experience publicly until Master Fader 4.5 is released.
*Be willing to use pre-release software. 4.5 is very stable and has been in use for months and is just about finished. But it still isn't released so there is a chance there is a bug we don't know about.
*Provide feedback including a summary of your usage, a pictures of the event showing how the mixer is used, what you liked, what you didn't, and any problems you ran into it.

If you are interested, email me: DL1608.Feedback@mackie.com.

Thanks,

Ben Olswang

cyclops

• Youngling
Re: Seattle Area DC16 Testing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 10:22:59 PM »
Wish it was South Florida!  I've got shows with my DL32R both weekends... would be be willing to ship?  ;D

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 10:32:08 PM »
Hey BenO,
I'm glad you're keeping to my schedule  :) http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=1211.msg15319#msg15319
Since V4.5 is out of the corral how about giving some details on the known bug fixes that are in the previous version. I'm certain that there will be more to come (bugs (plural) is the correct wording). Most manufacturers have no problem communicating that with their customers. Note that I haven't asked for a release date (a waste of time). Since V4.5 is a minor release no-one should really expect many new features. Reliability would be the best feature.
When in doubt KISS

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »
Really wish I could! I plan on purchasing a DL32 and some new, more powerful iPads, but that's not happening until next year at the soonest. Currently still running my DL1608, which tumbled out of the case onto concrete the other day. It survived with only a few scrapes. I've had no software issues with mine, but I'm running Classic and older IOS. I can still use my iPad 1, and it's fully functional without any lag.