Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iPadOS 13

<< < (3/8) > >>

WK154:
OK now that I'm on the second release of iPadOS 13 V13.1.1 will Mackie ever release their "Coming Real Soon"  :lol:  V5.1 of MF??

Wynnd:
I suspect that Apple has a whole lot more developers than Mackie. 

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on September 29, 2019, 11:19:54 PM ---I suspect that Apple has a whole lot more developers than Mackie.

--- End quote ---
Yeah and Mackie's team can't even hold a candle to Dave Schumann (part timer)   https://twitter.com/devcoreorg   . His Mixing Station software has already since Mackie started in addition to Behringer/Midas covered A&H lines and Soundcraft with versions for iPad, Android and now PC/Mac/Linux Mixing Station. I suggested to BenO over 3 years ago when Dave was looking for the next mixer to include that Mackie make him an offer. Well we all know the results of NIH (Not Invented Here) Mackie attitude. The same one they offered a young upstart Metacom (Cacophony member name) here and AFAIK threatened a lawsuit if he proceeded with his Mandolin to OSC product. BenO used me to get at him so I'm glad he is no longer at Mackie. I still have all the communications regarding that incident. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes most people don't know about.

P.S. Maybe its time for Ty Shultz of Transom to take a hard look at their investment at Mackie and let some heads roll at Mackie. Their performance is pathetic.

WK154:
Apple iPad OS 13 is now at 13.1.2 . Fixes are coming hot and heavy. Hope they stop soon.

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: WK154 on October 02, 2019, 09:23:53 PM ---Apple iPad OS 13 is now at 13.1.2 . Fixes are coming hot and heavy. Hope they stop soon.

--- End quote ---
Gotta say I’m pretty happy with ipad os 13x...  it is working more reliably it seems than iOS 12 for me.
The mackie MF has not once locked up, though it did stop communicating with the mixer and that was due to the iPad having broadband on it and there being some confusion of where to send traffic it seems. 

The previous mr lockup was an issue with task switching between mf and iPad’s built in music player or 3rd party ones.  Happened randomly so couldn’t reliably reproduce it to report it. And I figured I was the only one dumb enough to use the same iPad to stream and mix with.  Has not happened once with iPad os 13x.

For those of you hating on mackie...  I’m hoping the release is just right around the corner...    trying to stay positive hehehe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version