Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iPadOS 13

<< < (7/8) > >>

WK154:
Not to worry John, Wynnd is just protecting his Apple investment, wouldn't want it taking a nose dive  :). I run Android apps on my PC via Bluestacks 4 including Mackie's Connect (app for Reach and early Freeplay). They have since lost the programmers that made that happen. The current Thump Connect and MF5.0 fail under Bluestacks 4. The Behringer/Midas Air series and X32/M32 work just fine. I had X-air (Android version) and X-Air PC version running on the same PC controlling the mixer without issues. To bad Mackie doesn't have that talent.

Wynnd:
I doubt that people moving to Android will cut my stock value much.  And my Wife has a Pixel Phone. And my iPhone is a 6CE that I'm quite happy with.  (And my MacBook Pro was bought in 2010.)

He's right about programming skills.  You don't get great skills cheap.  Highly skilled programmers will cost you a lot more per hour, but usually they work so much faster with fewer bugs that the end result is still a better use of money.

Also waiting for MF 5.1 release.

WK154:

--- Quote from: JohnMHoyt on October 19, 2019, 12:39:08 PM ---Mf5 runs terrific on several different hundred dollar tablets and assorted Android phones.

No lag, no problems. 
So unless they really screw up something in 5.1, it should be a great user experience.

--- End quote ---
Well they apparently have screwed up something in MF V5.02 and AFAIKT they only allow 64 Bit ARM CPU's to load and run MF 5.02.  :(  Behringers apps all run on these ARM V7 as do earlier Mackie apps. So much for the current Android team that can't seem to get it right. It obviously did not occur to them that restrictions such as these would be helpful to their customers in selecting a control surface.  ;D.

JohnMHoyt:
We get it...  You're a negative guy down on Mackie and OSes other than your favorite.

Meanwhile, we continue to do our work and hope for the best.... Happy New Year

WK154:
John, bad day at the office or just a bad gig? I don't have a favorite OS other than the ones that work and not hinder me. What's with the "We" that should be a "I"? Yes the facts have way to expose believe systems. I for one don't like being lied to just to gain a competitive advantage. I've been on both sides for many decades and the concept of respect and your word seems to be endangered as the business strategy seems to migrate to "there's a fool born every minute". The  innuendo "negative" belongs on a social media site, professionals prove opinions with facts.
Cheers 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version