Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS DL16S experience

<< < (3/16) > >>

Wynnd:
FYI, I was a PC/Network tech previously and don’t think I’m doing anything wrong WiFi wise. 

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on January 01, 2019, 05:42:07 PM ---FYI, I was a PC/Network tech previously and don’t think I’m doing anything wrong WiFi wise.

--- End quote ---
I hate to admit it but we All make mistakes at times  :). As a summary of your WiFI hookups so far out of the three modes:
AP mode works but starts to fail with high traffic in the 2.4 GHz band. No surprise here.
WiFi Client mode you were unable to make it work?
Wired mode to a AE yet to be completed?
Not sure what you meant by "I couldn’t get the mixer to find my local WiFi so that isn’t a viable suggestion."

FYI here is  Dimitri of Mackie EU with some details of the PC/Mac version.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIaSoDke1nc
Cheers

Wynnd:
In MF5 when attempting to do the WiFi client, it is supposed to give a list of WiFis it sees.  Mine apparently doesn’t see any of them and is within 10 feet of a two band router.  Wondering if it’s working correctly?  Mine are password protected,but that shouldn’t matter.

WK154:
Does airport utility on your iPad see the Airport Express? If so then perhaps the DL16S just needs the old power cycle for the mixer to be seen? For those of you not familiar with the details of WiFi the beacon message from the AP send every ~100 ms contains most of whats needed to address a Access Point by a client (iPad). The rest should be asked for (ie. password) to complete the connection. There is also in non-tech lingo a broadcast message (reaches all that are on that network) send out by the client that in essence says "who is out there". Another way to discover a AP. Mackie unfortunately doesn't provide such details in their write-up. Behringer provided a terribly confusing write-up for WiFi/wired for X-Air but in this case Mackie has them beat, so unlike Mackie  :(.

Wynnd:
Was thinking about the issues that might cause that problem.  I had the network wired to the mixer.  That probably was the problem and your query got me to try it disconnected and this time, it saw every network in the immediate neighborhood.  I made the changes and am now looking at The stability of this.  Right now I'm on the 2.4 GHtz band.  I want to check it out on the 5 Ghtz band that talk across the router.  Looking good so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version