Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iOS DL16S experience

<< < (2/16) > >>

Wynnd:
I finally got around to picking up my iPad mini to test it with the DL16S.  Initially I couldn't see the mixer even though I was on the correct network.  Rebooted the iPad and it showed up.  Unlike MF4x, the mixer doesn't announce it's connecting up.  I was able to accidentally erase a show configuration without attempting to. Just going to have to recreate it.  The show that the mixer was running continued to run, but the snapshot was gone.  I just made another.

Wynnd:
I was trying to attach my computer to the mixer via USB for recording.  That hasn't done for me yet.  Trying to figure out what I'm not doing. 

Weogo:
Hi Wynnd,

I know for PC recording there's a driver that needs to be installed.
I don't know if this is needed, or available, for a Mac?

Thanks for the running updates!

A DL16S will be here soon.

Good health,  Weogo

Wynnd:
I’ve got a henge dock for my MacBook Pro.  I’ve had a few problems with the USB extensions.  Will need to try the computer out of the dock. 

Wynnd:
OK, my MacBook hooked up directly to the USB port works fine.  (Guess I’ve got a problem with my HengeDock USB extensions.  Been using that for 8 years.  May need to reseat them?)   While I was using the mixer and the MacBook, I was watching my iPad kick in and out of connection.  Did this over at a library and there are numerous WiFi’s there.  That would be marginal and unwanted.  Going to take my Airport Express and see if I can get the external router to work in this case.  The airport express II is 2.4 and 5 GHZ bands.  I’ve been using it almost exclusively on the 5 GHZ band.  (Separate names for the two bands.). I couldn’t get the mixer to find my local WiFi so that isn’t a viable suggestion. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version