Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Used the DL32R For First Time New Year's Eve - My Overview/Review

<< < (4/9) > >>

sam.spoons:
How would you have done this on an analogue desk? I'm not using MF3 or a DL32R but still on MF2 with my DL1608 but I'd be surprised if it wasn't possible. I will try to set the DL up in the studio tomorrow and give it a go, I'm sure if I can make it work on my 1608 it will be possible on the 32R/MF3 setup.

takis:
The DL32R is totally new to me.  I still am reading the manual, over and over....

But to answer your question... With my previous Mackie ONYX board, I would hookup the Lexicon to one of the 1 through 6 AUX busses (say 2)... and then Per each channel I would adjust the amount of reverb with the channel's Aux knob per channel.  Hopefully, this makes sense.

Thanks

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: walterw on January 03, 2015, 11:11:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: takis on January 02, 2015, 06:40:06 PM ---So, for those who will be trying this system for the first time, make sure you pay attention to the setup of each channel's compresor.gate setings.. even more important, the output comp/gate settings...

--- End quote ---
slightly off-topic, but i don't see where you'd ever want to gate an output, and personally i don't see many reasons to compress an output either, outside of setting up hard limiting that should ideally never kick in, like for IEMs or speaker protection.

--- End quote ---
Hey Walter,
Years ago when desks and outboard gear were aplenty, I'd have gates on my LR last thing before the crossover just to kill off any bits and pieces of low level noise that had accumulated.......
In fairness, not much coming from my DL in the hum department, especially if used channels were muted.

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: takis on January 05, 2015, 07:32:22 PM ---The DL32R is totally new to me.  I still am reading the manual, over and over....

But to answer your question... With my previous Mackie ONYX board, I would hookup the Lexicon to one of the 1 through 6 AUX busses (say 2)... and then Per each channel I would adjust the amount of reverb with the channel's Aux knob per channel.  Hopefully, this makes sense.

Thanks

--- End quote ---

I've been using the DL for a couple of years now, I'll try to work it out, I'm sure it must be possible.

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: takis on January 05, 2015, 07:32:22 PM ---The DL32R is totally new to me.  I still am reading the manual, over and over....

Thanks

--- End quote ---

The aux outs on the DL mixers work just like the aux outs on your old ONYX board -- they're just presented a little differently on the mixer app. So, if you connect the output of one of your auxes (say 2) to the input of your reverb, and connect the output to an input on the DL (say 32), and route that input to the LR main out. It will then function as your "return." Don't forget to set the aux send to be "post fader."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version